XX.

"Ex hoc momento pendet aeternitas." -Medieval Sundial Motto

Eternity is hinged upon this moment.

"I tried to reach out to you, but you seem too out of my league... Fuck, this is stupid." Brett said, trying to rehearse what he would say to Eddy when he goes back to Brisbane.

"Fuck it, I hate this..." Brett exclaimed, looking around his apartment.

This was so pitiful of him. Even he can't feel any empathy for himself. He just feels like a horrible person who can't do anything right. He feels so selfish, especially now that Eddy broke up with Toni.

Is he doing alright? Why hasn't he spoken to me yet? Am I that bad of a friend that he could never talk to me about anything? Fuck, I'm such a horrible person...

Brett thought as he lied down on his bed. He closed his eyes and tried to reach out to the image of Eddy in his mind. Even here, he seems too far from Brett's reach.

Eddy was extremely tired but he did not mind it. He sat down without a care as Brett was still practicing. He observed the man the way that he his. This raw beauty that was right in front of him, so open and vulnerable. He was playing the second movement of the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto. The andante that seemed so personal to him.

Brett Yang looked extremely vulnerable with the piece, especially now that Eddy knew why Brett held it so dearly in his heart. He could see beyond that emotionless expression and see how he was mourning and crying out. Eddy felt so privileged to see this side of Brett that no one knew but his family. Eddy felt as though he was already a part of Brett's family.

After Brett was finished practicing, it was now dawn. Nobody was around the conservatory but them and Eddy used this opportunity to stand up and initiate a kiss. He stood in front of Brett, using his height as an advantage. He held onto the nape of Brett's neck and leaned in a bit too harsh for Brett's liking.

Eddy initiated the kiss and tried to take control of it. Brett was shocked but kiss Eddy back with a bit more passion, trying to soften the harsh kiss that Eddy had started. Eddy didn't seem to pick up on it so Brett decided to take control.

Brett squeezed Eddy's butt and Eddy moaned at the response. Brett used this opportunity to take over, kissing him as if making Eddy forget his name. Eddy just grew weaker and had to pull away, needing to take in oxygen after that kiss.

"I, Brett- umm... Uh, I- ah." Eddy said, unable to form words. That might have been the best kiss that he had ever received.

"Thought so..." Brett said, toying with Eddy's shirt collar. "You kiss a bit too rough, darling. Use less teeth and be much more gentle. It is better to take it nice and softly than attacking it aggressively. It's like with playing, lovely. Well, they do say that nothing is blessed in everything, practice helps." Brett added, fixing his collar and pulling him for a loving kiss.

Eddy was still at a loss of words, thankful at the fact that it was dim so Brett could not get a glimpse of his reddening cheeks. When Brett pulled away, they walk out of the conservatory without anymore words. They went their separate ways and went back home.

Brett opened his eyes and sighed in disappointment. He sat up slowly and tried to take in what he had just envisioned. He's in love with Eddy, sure. Nowadays though, nothing seems to make sense in Brett's point of view.

"Wow, even visions make me feel false hope. Thanks, past life. I know me and him will never be together. Thanks for being so optimistic, though." Brett said, talking to no one in particular.