XXXIV.

"Ad tristem partem strenua suspicio." -Syrus

The minds of men who have been unfortunate are prone to suspicion.

July 10, 2019

For all the things you are, you're the eighth wonder. Someone that had yet to be seen, by the beauty and by the calm. You remind me of the simple yet fine things in life. I am not as grand as a poet my past life was, but I believe remnants of him still live within me.

It's how I've come to love you until now. All I know is all that we've been building is slowly growing to a home. One that I could keep in my hands for as long as I desire. One that I could take with me, no matter where I may be.

Our story may not be conventional, but it certainly is the truest one I have ever attempted to write. It may not be the prettiest, but it is the greatest I have ever told. Our love is not crafted by the best author, but it's a story I'll never get tired of reliving again and again.

This is only the beginning, and I have faith that I end up with you.

They were stuck in the crowd with fans who are asking for signatures. Brett could hear Eddy from next to him. Maybe it was subconscious, but he knows that voice even in a crowded room.

After the meet and greet and celebration, they were happy yet exhausted. They walk back to the hotel room and Brett immediately landed face first in the bed. Eddy held him back up to change and to brush his teeth.

They do this together every time. They were brushing their teeth side to side, with their arms touching. Brett felt really comfortable and felt like he could sleep right then and there. Eddy's unoccupied hand snaked around Brett's waist and held Brett up. Brett finished up first, clinging himself to Eddy's body.

Eddy finished up quickly and half carried and half dragged a sleepy Brett in his arms. They reached the bed and Brett, once again flopped back into the bed.

"Fucker, lie down properly so I have space." Eddy said, scooting next to Brett.

"Fuck you, you didn't have to call me fucker." Brett said tiredly, having no energy to think of an insult.

"Hush, you're moving anyway, so I win." Eddy retorted, holding Brett's body close by his.

Brett did not say anything, he just holding Eddy back. He was about to drift to sleep until Eddy asked him a question.

"Could we get married this year?"

Brett was awakened by the question.

"That's a bit too fast, isn't it?" Brett spoke, a bit shocked.

"I mean, we've known each other for a long time now and we know we're soulmates..." Eddy started.

"Eddy we haven't even had a proper date. Your parents don't know and I'm pretty sure ma's the only one who knows about us." Brett argued, holding Eddy closer to him, if it was possible.

"I know, but I'm fucking excited at the thought of a ceremony that's just us. Just show up one day to my parents' house and just tell them I got married."

"Well, first, they'll be mad you didn't tell them. Second, they'll be glad thinking it's a nice woman you married. Then, they'll ask you if you're out of your mind for marrying your best friend and disappointment ensues." Brett narrated.

"You don't know that... Maybe they'll love you." Eddy coaxed.

"Maybe they'll force you to marry a girl if they found out you wanna marry me." Brett half-joked, laughing lightly.