XXII.

"Amor omnibus idem." -Virgil

Love is the same for all.

"Good morning, what do you want for breakfast?" Brett asked as they got up from the couch.

"You have bread, right? Just make me a sunny side egg and don't toast the bread." Eddy said, sitting up.

"Okay... I love you but you don't toast your bread when you're eating sunny side ups?" Brett asked in disbelief, laughing a little bit.

"The bread is sweeter that way, dumbass." Eddy retorted, looking at him with a jokingly angry face.

"But that's so soggy. That's weird." Brett said, while prepping the pan for the egg frying.

"Why? You don't love me anymore because I don't like toasted bread?" Eddy asked with a faux hurt tone.

"Not like anything you do phases me. I love you any other way." Brett said, not looking away from the egg he was frying.

Eddy didn't say anything more as he got up from the couch. He slowly walked towards Brett who was cooking. He smiled as he wrapped his arms around Brett's tinier frame. Once the toast for Brett was done, he grabbed a plate and placed the toast there.

He returned to Brett, who was transferring the eggs on the plate. Once he was done, Eddy hugged him from the back again.

"What's up with you today?" Brett asked quietly, blushing a light pink.

"Nothing, you're too adorable not to hold." Eddy said, placing his face on Brett's nape and kissing it lightly.

Before Brett burns up even more, he spoke up and set the tables.

"Let's eat now... I love you." Brett said, facing him and hugging Eddy.

They sat down on the dining table, talking about everything and nothing all at once.

"You should go back to Brisbane after your fellowship here." Eddy started, looking at Brett's eyes.

"Yeah, of course. Not like I could stay in Sydney. Everything is so expensive here." Brett complained, eating his breakfast.

"Yeah, and Twoset's taking off well. If we're lucky enough, we could earn enough from it." Eddy said, looking at Brett who was eating.

"Yeah..." Brett continued.

"You should live with me in the apartment." Eddy said casually.

Brett chuckled nervously. Of course, Eddy was used to living with someone else. He'd done it for years, but Brett? He's used to living alone.

"Aren't we going a little too fast by then?" Brett asked nervously.

He did want to live with Eddy, but he was afraid to move that fast. Besides, Eddy's memories there with Toni still fresh with an open wound. Even if they weren't soulmates, Eddy still loved her and she loved him back.

"You're afraid to settle with me?" Eddy asked, no malice nor anger behind his voice. It was just plain curiosity.

"It's not like that... It's just, you were with her all those years. In that apartment, I know you might've felt home with her there. It's not a bad thing, though. Of course it's instinct to do so." Brett said, matching Eddy's tone.

"So, what are you saying, Brett?" Eddy asked, still with the same tone.

"I'm just saying, I know you haven't fully moved on and that's perfectly fine. But moving on isn't defined by time, it's to your own accord. It's okay if you still feel something for her, it's completely normal and I wouldn't love you any less for it. It's okay if I share your heart with her, I'll wait until it's just mine alone." Brett explained gently, speaking his mind.