XXXIX.

"Ubi dubium ibi libertas." -Publilius Syrus

Where there is doubt, there is freedom.

"Oh yes, I finally get you to bed..." Brett said with a yawn, tired from today's events and sleepy from all the wine.

"Oh yes, indeed. You could finally see me flop my face down on the bed while I sleep with my mouth open." Eddy replied, he was just as tired (if not, more tired) as Brett.

"Actually, I would love that right now."

"I know you would."

Eddy removed his suit and threw in by the nearest couch. Brett was doing the same, leaving them both with their boxers. He put on a shirt and climbed with Eddy on the bed.

"Why do you sleep with a shirt on?"

"I get cold without a shirt on, even with the sheets up to my neck."

"Okay then, hubby. Please put something on tv that we could both watch."

"Oh god, you called me hubby." Brett remarked with happiness as he turned some cooking show reruns on the tv.

"If it makes you do things like chores or such, I am not afraid to call you that." Eddy responded with a cheeky grin.

"You don't have to call me hubby for me to bend my back backwards for you." Brett replied in a sing-songy voice.

"Simp."

"Oh, trust me, I know," Brett said, settling his body next to Eddy's. "I'm only proud to be your simp." He added.

"This hotel room is nice and all, but I miss our bed back home." Eddy complained.

"God, me too. I actually wanted to get pissed drunk from the champagne and red wine but I figured that I needed to be sober for us to, ya know, fuck. I never expected us to be this tired of social interactions."

"Oh, honey, now you know what I feel as an introvert. I didn't expect to fuck, actually. I just wanted to do this... Relax with you while were watching Master Chef Australia?" Eddy said, unsure of what Brett put on the tv.

"Nice try, Eddy. But we're watching The Great British Bake Off." Brett replied, holding Eddy close to him.

They held each other close while watching the show in order to fall asleep. The adrenaline rush was still present but their bodies were physically tired. So, their bodies tell them they want sleep but their brains are too active to sleep.

"I really wanna sleep, but I can't. Too much excitement." Brett started, laughing lightly as Eddy held him closer.

"Me too. But ya know, we have to sleep eventually." Eddy replied.

"You do not have awesome ideas sometimes." Brett said, leaning closer, if it ever was possible. "Anyway, wanna get drunk and dance the night away. There's so much alcohol in the mini fridge that we might as well take out an amount that were gonna pay." Brett added, sitting upright.

"You know what, I agree. Maybe it'll make us sleepy too." Eddy said, sitting upright as well.

"God, this is why I married you. You play along my ideas so well."

"I only wanna do it, because I'm with you."

"And I never make wrong choices."

"I'd beg to differ, but I wanna get shitfaced." Eddy responded, kissing Brett lightly.

"Cocktails or just straight up alcohol?" Brett asked, standing up from his side of the bed.

"I wanna do shots first but let's make cocktails first so they'll be cold." Eddy replied, standing up. "Call room service,  okay? We need limes, lemons, salt, sugar cubes, mints and ice." Eddy added.