XXXVIII.

"In dubio abstine." -Latin phrase

When in doubt, abstain.

"Do you wanna get married?" Brett asked, still on top of Eddy. 

"Brett, we are literally gonna get married soon. Don't pretend as if you didn't propose..." Eddy said jokingly.

"I know... By married, I meant vows and such." Brett started. "You started on your vows, right?" He asked condescendingly.

"No. I wanted them to come to me naturally. No script, whatsoever." Eddy said proudly, hugging Brett closer to his body.

"Good. I'm glad you told me that because I thought my ass was gonna get in trouble." Brett admitted, laughing a little too hard.

Brett got up a bit and held himself up so he could stand. He helped Eddy stand up as well. When they were stood up, Brett pulled Eddy close in front of him. He wanted to simulate the wedding experience for the both of them.

"I know we aren't gonna get married in a church so no use of the specifics, but I do want you to hear my very first vow to you without the presence of an audience." Brett started as he kissed Eddy.

"Eddy, I don't really know what got to my fucking head the first time I saw you. It felt like everything just short-circuited and ever since then, nothing really mattered but you." Brett stated, slightly laughing as he remembered that his choice of words are not wedding-friendly.

"Well, at least in my line of sight. All those years— those painful and lovelorn filled years— waiting for you to just love me back are nothing now. I used to doubt that you would actually love me but you prove me wrong.

Time and time again, you prove me worthy of your love. So now, I am only confident that you live and love for me for as long as we die." Brett added while Eddy was just staring at his lover.

"I know, it sounds morbid but a little memento mori wouldn't hurt. I wouldn't die knowing you're married to someone else that's not me. I will fucking haunt your every waking hour if you even ever think of remarrying." Brett joked, Eddy was laughing as tears were flowing down his cheeks.

"I have no doubts now. I could only prove my love by choosing you every day. Even if it's tedious or too joyful, I'll choose you every single time.

Even if your hay fever gets so bad that I'll be covered in balls of spit from you sneezing, I will choose you. Or maybe even when all you would do is practice for hours and hours on end, I will still choose you.

I choose you for I love you. I cannot promise you anything and everything other than my every days and tomorrows with you." Brett concluded his speech, as he sealed the promise with a kiss on Eddy's forehead. His calloused fingertips wiping the wetness away from the apples of Eddy's cheeks.

"Oh, fuck you, how will I top that?" Eddy asked sarcastically, still laughing and crying.

"You will never top anything I do. Because I'm the top." Brett joked as he was crying, too.

"Shh, let me start now because I can't argue with those statements." Eddy said, kissing Brett's damp cheek.

"Honestly, when we first met, I didn't think any big of it. I just believed that I'll only ever see you every Friday night in that very same classroom. God, you wouldn't even comprehend how lucky I was to be adopted by an introvert." Eddy joked, laughing at everything he just said.

"You were just a safe presence even from the start. You were the safest bet for me, no matter the context. I mean that in a good way. You were always there and I could count on you every single time. Before, you only were my safest bet in Maths tuition. Now, you're my safest bet until the end of our times." Eddy said, tears streaming down his face once again.