XV.

"Tempus edax rerum." -Ovid

Time devours everything.

"You have to tell him, Jordon. You can't always stay like this forever. It's either he knows it or he'll never." Dan said, looking at his best friend.

"I will tell him. Calm down... I'm gonna tell him when I'm ready." Jordon replied, but Dan could see through him.

"I know you're ready to tell him Jordon, your soul is practically begging at you... You just think he isn't ready to hear it." Dan argued, still looking at his best friend.

"He isn't! I know he isn't." Jordon said pitifully, looking far from his friend.

"When will he be ready? Jordon, if you're waiting for his feelings to fade for Eddy, then I'm afraid he's not gonna be ready up until his death." Dan stated firmly, not looking at his friend anymore.

"What should I do then, Dan? I don't think I could bear it anymore..."

"You should just tell him regardless. I mean, if he doesn't see that someone else could love him, he will never move on from Eddy." Dan responded, continuing on. "It's not a sure thing but at least you let him know. Release is the key to ease most times."

"You might be right... How will I tell him, though?"

"You just do. It's not something to prepare for. It's just something you do out of the blue sometimes."

"Thanks Dan. Somehow, you always know what to say." Jordon said, staring at his friend with a great smile that seem to light up the room.

"Hey, it's a perk of being honest..."

- - - - -

"You're about to leave for Sydney, huh?" Eddy asked, looking at his friend.

"Well, not yet... I'm doing this first violin job at Queensland Orchestra for a year then I'll leave for the Sydney fellowship." Brett clarified, looking back at his friend as he took a sip of his water.

"Bro, you should have just gone to Sydney earlier. What's the point of staying here if you're already at the fellowship?"

I can't leave. Not yet, Eddy. I don't want you to forget me the moment I leave for Sydney. Sydney means a new start and I can't start new if I haven't told you my feelings yet and you haven't rejected me yet.

"I like home, still... It's not easy to leave a life you've already established half of your life. A year is just a way to let go of the little things in order to get used to a new life. I mean, I'm ready to leave if it means better opportunities for my career, but home is still home." Brett said, mind quite distant from where they really were at the moment.

Eddy was shocked at the statement but at the same time he understood. He knew so well that it's rare for his friend to open up so he listened. Eddy always saw the sides of Brett and knew this side would come out one way or the other.

"I know it's not easy to take risks and all that but this is a sure thing. Home is a sure thing. You could leave it for years and return to it and home will accept you with open arms. No matter how much you think you want to get away from all of this, you just can't. Home will always hold such significance in our lives that sometimes we don't realize we've lost a home while focusing on the daily things that aren't important." Brett added, looking far from Eddy.

"When it comes crashing down, we feel so hopeless. We could have avoided it by looking at home with a bit more depth. Treat home as intangible experiences or connections with people and simply not a tangible house." Brett added again, knowing well who he is talking about.