XXXV. (nsfw)

"Blanditia, non imperio, fit dulcis Venus." -Unknown

Love grows sweet with coaxing, not commands.

"Brett, your family knows already, right?"

"Obviously... My mom could never shut the fuck up when it comes to her children's love life." Brett said, chuckling a little.

"Well, I was wondering..."

"You want that proper date." Brett deadpanned.

Eddy was tongue tied. He knew that Brett knows him well, but not this well.

"How the fuck did you know immediately?" Eddy asked, baffled at the statement.

"I just do... Don't worry, I've got it. Dress casually, I'm picking you up at 4." Brett said, smiling.

Before Eddy could say anything, Brett was dashing out his front door. This man will be the death of him. Or resurrection but at this stage Eddy will take anything as long as it keeps him alive and well.

- - - - -

Brett wasn't exactly prepared for the pouring rain, but it had happened anyway. So, instead of the picnic he planned outdoors, they'll just do it in Eddy's apartment. At least they'll both be comfortable, too.

He brought bento boxes and bubble tea. May not be a popular pair, but it certainly is good together. He drove to Eddy's where they'll decide to just watch movies. When he got there, Eddy was just waiting for him. Debussy's music filling the air as he entered the warm home.

Everything about this scenery exuded warmth. None of them are complaining, though. This was what they wanted this apartment to be. A home full of warmth and love.

Brett had set everything down on the coffee table and started taking off his jacket that was wet. Eddy was putting on a movie when he helped Brett.

"Thank you..." Brett said, sitting on the couch.

They watched the movie La La Land, cuddled up to each other. It wasn't too bizarre for them. They did this before they even were together. As they watched the movie, the also ate the dinner.

When the movie reached the end, Eddy was crying his eyes out. Maybe it was from sympathy or from pain, Eddy didn't care. He was just balling his eyes out as Brett held him.

"Shhh, it's okay Eddy..." Brett coaxed, running his fingertips on the material of Eddy's shirt.

He was tracing the spine lightly, not to much pressure so he won't hurt Eddy. But he wasn't pressing too light, because he knew that his boyfriend was ticklish. He also kissed Eddy's forehead to calm him down.

Eddy held on, keeping his grip strong but not suffocating. He felt his head hurt a bit from crying too much and alongside of that was his labored breathing. It felt good to cry over this small thing. Maybe it was relief of guilt or joy of not regretting anything.

It seemed as though Brett's fingertips etched marks over his skin. Unseen but definitely prominent, especially at the moment of calm he felt. There, Eddy realized that he was happy. He was exactly where he needed and wanted to be. In Brett's arms, stuck in their black leather couch in this apartment he had for years.

Eddy, who now stopped crying, felt the happiness that coursed within his chest outward to his hands and smile. He was contented, and so was Brett.

Eddy wiped his own tears away and smiled at Brett. Brett stared at him with such a soft look, definitely reserved just for him. From the late 1800s to the late 2010s, that look was still for him. In turn, his heart is what he would constantly offer.