XXIII.

"Amor gignit amorem." -Unknown

Love begets love.

The moment Brett Yang returned to Brisbane, he was met with the warm greeting of his family and of course, his friends. He was so happy and TwoSet Violin is taking off to a great direction.

As for him and Eddy, they're still trying to date. They aren't officially together, they're best friends but also more. It doesn't make sense to other people but it worked out right for them.

"Brett, you have to tell him you want more... You can't always be stuck in this in between thing." Jordon said, looking at Brett intently, trying to get his point across.

"I wil, don't worry... We'll be fine." Brett reassured, smiling at Jordon.

After all these years, he had learned how to be more open to his emotions when it comes to loving Eddy. Eddy, on the other hand, had learned how to love Brett. He was ready for everything that Brett might be, he just needs a green light from Brett.

"Be careful back home, okay?" Brett finally said to Jordon after a few moments of silence.

"Of course." Jordon said, giving Brett a short hug before letting him walk.

After the exchange, Brett walked back home. In the quiet of the Brisbane morning, he was stuck on his thoughts.

Of course I would be ready... I've always been. But is he ready?

His thoughts were cut off when the phone in his pocket was vibrating. He immediately picked up the call, smiling as the voice blooms from the other line.

"Hey," Eddy said, obviously cheerful even if Brett can't see him.

"Hey yourself. What's up?" Brett asked, smiling like an idiot while walking down the pavement.

"Meet me at my apartment. I have something to show you." Eddy said.

"Okay, I'll be there in 15." Brett replied, hanging up the phone.

The moment Brett was in Eddy's apartment, he was immediately engulfed by a hug. It was warm and short, but it made sense. It was always like this with him. Brett hugged him back, smiling like an idiot.

"You were gonna show me something?" Brett asked as they pulled away.

"Yeah, I need an opinion on something..." Eddy said nervously, but smiled at Brett anyway.

Eddy started walking to his bedroom, gesturing to the closet.

"You've always dressed nicer than me, somehow. You've always fixed yourself up nicely. There's a this wedding that I'm gonna attend. My cousin's wedding and I need something nice because I'm his best man." Eddy told Brett, looking for approval or at least a sign that Brett was listening to him.

"Well, is there a color scheme or something?" Brett asked, very concerned for his best friend's problem.

"They're going black and gold." Eddy replied, looking up at Brett as he sat on the bed.

"Well, do you mind if I go through your closet?"

"No, not really. I mean, you are helping me anyway."

With that, Brett turned around and looked through Eddy's closet. He took the slacks and blazer that was wrapped in plastic to avoid it from getting dusty. He looked for a dress shirt, preferably black. Once he reached for the folded, crisp shirt, a hoodie that was long familiar was in his eye level.

He knew this one, this was the hoodie that Toni and Eddy always shared. Brett blinked and looked away, trying to forget the memory and grabbed the shirt. He closed the doors of the closet because he can't find ties. The clothes hung around his left arm as he looked for ties.