III.

"Omnia causa fiunt." -Latin Phrase

Everything happens for a reason.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me." Brett exclaimed under his breath as he saw Eddy's text message.

For a second, he forgot that he was sitting next to his mother in their dining table. That his father and younger brother was there. Brett completely forgot and now he was dumbfounded.

"Language, lah. Aiyah..." Mama Yang said as she looked.

"Sorry, mama..." Brett said apologetically. "Can I come over Eddy's after I finish this?" Brett asked.

"I don't know. Ask your papa." Mama Yang said.

"Can I, papa?" Brett asked, looking at the direction of his father.

Papa Yang nodded, knowing that it was probably important since he never accidentally swore in front of them. Brett was rushing as soon as he was finished with dinner. Mama Yang just looked at Papa Yang as though she was disappointed.

When Alexander was not in the dining table and was not within the hearing distance, mama Yang talked to papa Yang.

"Why did you let him go, ba?" She asked with a sigh.

"It seemed important, ma. He never acts like that unless it's something to be worried about." He replied nonchalantly.

Papa Yang grabbed her hand and squeezed it lightly.

"Is this about his soulmate being man? Because if it-"

"No, it's not that. I know what you're about to say..." Mama Yang cut off.

"Then what are you going to say, ma? I'm no mind reader. I need to know what you're thinking about, love." Papa Yang replied.

"It's just... Our son loves him. I could see it in his eyes."

"Is that what you're worried about, ma? What if he does love him? Will it make a difference?"

"Yes! I'm not worried that he's in love with a man, ba. I'm worried because Eddy doesn't love our boy back." Mama Yang said, looking at him mournfully.

"Love, don't worry too much about him. This is exactly how we were before we married... They will find out soon enough. It wouldn't be easy, ma." Papa Yang said, reassuring his wife.

"I know, love. The fear is there, still. You know how he is. Always a tender and loving child. It would be a shame to see him grow up alone in this battle." Mama Yang pointed out.

"I know, ma. Yet, we cannot interfere. It's not in our position to do so. Besides, he's a strong boy. He knows what he's doing. I have faith he'll make it out alive and hand in hand with Eddy. Eddy loves him too, but he hasn't realized it yet." Papa Yang said, kissing his wife.

They weren't the affectionate type but this feels right.

- - - - -

"Eddy?" Brett asked, peeking under the blanket.

"Brett..." Eddy said breathlessly as he tried to control his sobbing.

Eddy got out from under the blanket and held on to Brett as he continued to cry. Brett just let him do so before asking him to explain. After a while, Eddy calmed down enough to drink the water that Brett had brought. Eddy cried so much that his hands were numb.

"You like to talk about it?" Brett asked as he held Eddy. The younger boy was still shaking a bit.

"Ma doesn't want me to enter the con next year." Eddy stated, calmer now since he had already let it out.