CHAPTER #15

LUCY's POV

I WAS practically sitting at the edge of the pool while holding a guitar that I found inside my room. I don't even know that I have this one – my eyes went to the sky where I can see the half of the full moon was covered by a cloud.

After what happened inside my sister's room. Natsu let me alone – and I was really thankful that he never bothers me after that.

'You are not alone, Lucy' I close my eyes when the wind breeze whip around me. I don't even know if I will believe it. I mean, he told me that he won't stay with me three days ago and now acting like this towards me is really confusing me.

Well, I should be mad at him. But, now that I'm calm down and have time to assess my feelings. I can't get myself to be mad at him. Which is really weird, I clench my fist and pull my thighs so I could hug it.

I let out another sigh, when I saw the cloud covered the moon "Whether the moon shining or not, the night looks the same" I mumble - it sounds like I was sarcastic which I'm not planning too. A gasp escaped from my lips when all of a sudden – I felt someone put a jacket around my shoulder. I look at my side where I can see him standing.

Before I even utter a word – the clouds move at just the right moment, fully lightning his face and the entire place "Now do you realize this view is much better than the previous one?" he said.

I mentally roll my eyes "Moon and night is always the same. They aren't that different"

He didn't say anything on me instead he just gave me a reassuring smile before he sat down right next to me. "Of course, they are" He let out a sigh as he look at the sky "Few minutes ago, you are alone. But now, I'm here with you."

My mouth parted as I look at his face – his eyes are fixed on the sky and I get this opportunity to look at his face. Damn, how I miss this guy! I mentally shook my head. Fuck! My curse mind. I shouldn't feel this way. I can't and I shouldn't.

"Every sight you see with me will look different." His eyes went back on me before he gently tucks my hair behind my ear "Sitting like this," he pauses "Won't make you sad but instead will make you happy. Mark my word, Vanilla"

"Why are you doing this, Natsu?" I mumble "I told you were over. I don't want to play your game. You don't need to do this" I felt my heart clench in pain as I say those words but I tried to remain calm. I don't even know why I'm feeling this kind of pain every time I push him away.

I don't know why my heart keeps on beating so fast. I don't know why I'm happy whenever his around. I don't know what's going inside me. And to tell you honestly, I'm getting scared of this. I'm getting scared of this emotion that starts to bloom inside me. Or maybe this was my temporary insanity?

Natsu let out a deep sigh, "I'm not doing this because of that—"gently caressed my cheeks "I want to stay with you before I return to Magnolia"

I chuckle as I remove his hand on my cheeks "So you are just doing this because of your guilt, or maybe your pity"

Natsu hold my face with his both hand as he made me look at his face "Of course not!" Natsu gently brush his fingers with my hair as he press his forehead into mine "I'm not doing this out of guilt or pity. I'm doing because I wanted too. I wanted to be with you."

"Natsu—"

"I'm sorry for acting like a jerk this past days. I was hurt when you told me that you hated me. I thought, that how could I keep my promise to you if you hate me. I was... I don't fucking know what to do that time, Luce. So I just leave and asked your parents if they could tell you about me going back to Magnolia. But I guess, my decision make it even worse" I bit my lower lips when I saw his tears started to form into his eyes "I might not be there for you but I intended to keep my promise with you."