CHAPTER #25

LUCY's POV

I REMAIN myself mute as I listened to him order our coffee. I really don't know why I agree on this – I mean, I promise to my editor – in – chief that I'll visit our office after the convention but here I am having a coffee with a person I left six years ago.

He clear his throat to get my attention so I look at his face "Are you alright? You seems spacing out. Is there something wrong?"

I shook my head instantly and place my elbow on the table as I lean a little – turning my head on the side where I could see the people outside the coffee shop "I'm fine, I'm just thinking about my work"

I didn't hear anything to him so I frowned and turned my head to see him – only to find out that he was staring at me with those unknown emotion on his eyes. I clear my throat "You too. You seems spacing out too. Is there something wrong with my face?"

He shook his head a little "Well, you look different"

"Different?" I said confused.

"You look beautiful, Lucy" he sincerely said which makes my eyes wide – I open my mouth to say something but my own words vanished on my throat "I'm sorry. I know I took you surprise" he said and there I saw pain crosses on his eyes.

"How's life?" I said changing our topic.

"Life is still the same. My life is probably revolve around my office and do some shits," he said "I – I just want to know... why?"

"Why... what?" I said confused.

"Why did you left that day, Lucy?"

I stare on his face and remain myself mute. I don't know how to answer his question. I just stare on his handsome face like I'm memorizing each part of it. His face looks matured but still handsome.

I open my mouth to say something but the waitress interrupt us by serving our coffee and a slice of cake. Natsu murmurs his 'thanks' to the waitress but his eyes never leave my face. I clear my throat "I don't know, Natsu"

"What do you mean you don't know" he asked frowning.

"I woke up that day without anything to remember. I don't know who I am... I don't know those people who keep on asking me 'how are you?', 'are you alright?' and 'are you hurt?' I don't even know you until now and I shouldn't come with you but here I am having a coffee despite the fact that I should make my way back to our office"

"Your parents died, Lucy" he said making my heart clench in pain for unknown reason "Your mom died after a year that you left – and she was looking for you. After that, your father died because of his cancer five years after you left," I know pain crosses on my eyes as I stare on his eyes "They asked me to manage your company until you remember everything—"

"I don't remember everything in my past, Natsu" I said "And if I remember my past – I still don't want to manage that company. I love my life now. I love my job. About Mr and Mrs. Heartfilia. I'll visit them, don't worry"

"I'm not forcing you—"

"I know... but you said that they wanted to see me." I mumble "I'll visit them but I'm not sure when"

My eyes got widen and a gasp escaped my lips when all of a sudden Natsu reaches my cheeks and gently caressed it. My eyes never leave his face and I didn't remove his hand on my face, "Lucy—"

He was interrupted by a sudden call of his phone and when he check the caller I saw the name 'Levy Mcgarden'. My heart clench on unknown emotion – I bit my lower lips and divert my attention on the other side while Natsu answer the call.