CHAPTER #36

LUCY's POV

I CAREFULLY place the teacup on the table as my eyes never leave her face. To be honest, I really don't know why I'm here with her. As much as possible, I'm trying to ignore her existence because it won't bring any good to my mind. Aside from that, this girl really hates my existence since for her I get everything that supposedly belongs to the Dragneel family.

"For sure you are not here to ask how my life is." I said "So please tell me. I don't have the time to watch you glaring at me, Ellie" I say.

"You sure are rude" she says in disbelief – I didn't say anything and I just stare at her face smiling. "When will you stop getting everything?"

I frowned "When did I start getting everything, Ellie?" I ask innocently – she opens her mouth to say something but I just continue "As far as I remember, Heartfilia Empire is a property of my family. I didn't get everything, Ellie. Everything is mine even before you start dating my brother – in – law."

"Haru broke up with me"

I blink and put my hand on my chest "Is that my fault too?" I ask innocently but it came out as sarcastic.

Ellie glares at me which makes me amused "Are you enjoying this?"

I laugh "If you are going to blame everything on me. I think you have a problem on your mind."

"Everything started to crumble when Natsu married you!" she said angrily not minding the other customer around the premises.

I roll my eyes - cross my arms below my breast and slouch on my chair "You know, I'm starting to think that you are crazy. Who knows? Maybe one day you will start blaming me about the global warning."

"You bitch!"

I was about to open my mouth to say something when all of a sudden a familiar figure pulled Ellie on her seat. My mouth slightly opened but I didn't dare to move in my place.

"What the hell, Ellie!" Haru angrily said.

"Haru!" Ellie sigh probably doesn't know what to say to him.

Haru looked at me and gave me an apologetic smile "I'll handle this, Lucy" he said softly.

I shrug "I enjoy talking to her, I guess" I grimace "I just think she watched too many dramas."

"Bitch—" Ellie.

"Stop Ellie! I told you not to bother my sister – in – law!" Haru says. He wasn't shouting but he was emphasizing each word to her "I explained to you everything."

"It was her fault" Ellie pointed her fingers to me "Everything was perfect. Then she suddenly took everything."

"Why are you obsessing over the Heartfilia Empire?" Haru said out of nowhere.

"I – I..." Ellie bit her lower lips and then avoided Haru's gaze "I don't want you to lose what you had."

"I have everything, Ellie. But the Heartfilia Empire is not part of it. It wasn't even ours to begin with" Haru explained frustrated "Stop telling Lucy that she gets everything. She is the rightful owner of that company. She didn't get anything from us! Her family owns it. She owns it!"

"I don't believe you." Ellie said and after that she stormed out of the coffee shop.

Haru sighs, then massages his temple "You okay, Bro?" I ask softly.

"I'm sorry about it. I'm not sure why she kept on bothering you." He mumbled.

"She told me, I ruined everything." I say "Did I... also ruin your relationship, Haru?" I ask curiously.

I saw something flashing in his eyes as he looked at me but before I even comprehend it. He hid it with his smile as he gently patted my head "It is not your fault, Lucy" he mumbled but enough for me to hear "Let's just say that – things are not permanent, including our relationship."

I wasn't able to say anything to him after his remarks. I couldn't bring myself to say something because it feels like he just wants someone to know his thoughts. I smiled at him as I raised my arms and gently patted his head. I know this gesture is not enough to make him feel better. 

But... I'm not in the position to do that.

DAYS quickly pass by, I haven't seen Ellie after our last encounter in that café. My husband's brother went to Africa to volunteer. My husband said it was a vow that his twin really did. But for me, Haru does that to avoid his problem with Ellie and anything else. It feels like Haru is having a hard time to accept everything.

I lost my mind when I heard a knock. When I turned around I saw the maid standing near the door. She bowed slightly "Everything is in order, Princess" Virgo said.

"Is Natsu there?" I asked.

"Master is waiting downstairs, Princess"

I gave her a smile before I stood up I first took my handbag and then I left the room, "If something happened just call me, okay." I said to Virgo. I'm not sure why I said that but it feels like my instincts are telling me not to leave my house today.

When Natsu saw me coming down the stairs he met me in the half way. He immediately stroked my cheek then gave me a light kiss on my forehead, "I love you." He mumbled.

I smile brightly to him before I snake my arm around his arm "I love you too."

We are now on our way to Heartfilia's vacation home. The death anniversary of my sister is getting near. As I used to do I would go to that house to commemorate that anniversary there. The only difference now, is that I am not alone.

I gasped when suddenly someone bumped into the back that Natsu and I were riding in. I heard his weak swearing and I could see the trace of concern on his face. Natsu accelerated the vehicle even more and when I looked behind us there were three vehicles trying to chase our vehicle.

I looked at him worriedly "We will be fine"

And that was the last thing I remember because my consciousness started to drift away. 

Damn it...

..

..

This is not good.

KHIEGILSAN

A/n: I'll probably update the Chapter 37 later. So just keep on waiting.