CHAPTER #40

A/N: Please do read the Important note before you proceed to this chapter. Thank you ❤️ Anyway for those old reader of this book. I did change the entire chapter #40.

Khiegilsan

P.S I'm almost done editing the entire book.  Thank you for all your support. I love you guys!

NATSU'S POV

EVERYTHING seems like a dream. I fully remember what happened to us. We died. I remember the pain when the bullet hit us. The feeling that you have no choice but to accept what is destined. The feeling of being deprived of the happiness of being with the woman you love. I remember everything.

"Natsu, are you alright?" she touched both my cheeks and worriedly looked me in the eye, "Is there a problem?"

I don't know what I should feel in these moments. I am confused by what is happening. Yes, I am happy with her. Yes, I am happy to see her safe and alive. But, I'm still restless.

What is reality? Are we alive? Are we dead? Is this afterlife? I'm confused. Which of my dreams is part of reality? And which one is not? I forced myself to calm down. I can't freak out. I looked at the woman who had been worried about me. I gently touched her cheek and she immediately smiled.

My eyes clouded with tears as soon as I saw her smile like that, "I got a bad dream, Vanilla" I mumbled almost like a whisper but enough for her to hear "I thought I lost you. I lost you twice in my dream. I thought I couldn't see that smile again" I sobbed. I pressed my forehead to her and let my tears flow on my cheeks, "If... that happens. I can't take it anymore, if I lose you on the third time"

I felt her arm wrap around my waist and gently pat my back as if she was calming me, "That was just a bad dream. These moments... this is our reality, Natsu"

I suddenly remembered the confrontation that had taken place between us. The words she let out while blaming herself for the loss of our child. I gently touched her cheeks "I'm always here, Natsu."

"I..." – I say.

"hmm?"

"I love you, Lucy Heartfilia" I sincerely said. Her eyes grew wider as she look at me "I know this is not the right time for me to say this. But I want you to know that I love you. I don't want what happened in my dream to happen. I don't know if everything that happened in my dream will come true but... but... I want to give you assurance about my feelings."

She opened her mouth to speak but she closed it when her own words failed her. She just looked at me as if her brain was still processing what I said.

"I love you so much, Lucy" her eyes clouded with tears. She opened her mouth again and just like what she did a while ago. She closed it. I chuckle "You don't need to answer me right now. I just want to give you the assurance on what I feel about you, Vanilla. I know this is not the right time to confess my feelings after you heard my outburst about my dream. But I want to assure you that my feelings for you are true."

In my dream, at this age she was pregnant. I gently put my left palm to her flat stomach as my right hand carefully wrapped around her waist before I buried my face on her neck inhaling her scent. I heard her sigh. And felt the gentle caress in my hair "You surprised me with what you said, Natsu."

"I know," I pouted. I won't really admit it now, I raised my face again and looked at him "Just give me your answer after my surprise to you"

"You do?"

I beam at her and head in response.

AS I SAID earlier, I had prepared a surprise for her. I carefully parked the car and looked at her. She wasn't paying attention to me because she was currently busy looking at the view in front of us. I took Lucy to Cherry Blossom Park.

I got out of the car and turned to open the door for her, "Shall we?" I asked her and she immediately turned her gaze to me. She beamed at me. I took one of her hands and carefully kissed the back of her palm, "I want to hear your answer"

She laughed "you said that after your surprise"

"Right" I roll my eyes "Then, after I surprise you."

"Why are you so eager to know my answer?" she chuckle.

I pout, "I want to kiss your lips" I answer truthfully. Lucy, who had been still as a rock, moved her eyes in a frenzy and passed a hand roughly over the side of her face. Her neck, which usually has porcelain skin, was now turning red.

"Y-You can kiss me to my lips, Natsu." She muttered, looking away from me. She struggle to find something else to say "No one is prohibiting you to do that"

"Later," I wink at her "When you're finally my girlfriend"

Her expression seemed to be half – embarrassed and half – joyful. I chuckle and squeeze her hand before I guide her to the place where my surprise is located. But, before we reached our destination we were both stunned when we saw the familiar woman. It was as if it was really waiting for the two of us or more accurately, waiting for my arrival.

"Natsu?" she mumbled under her breath. I immediately squeeze Lucy's hand. The woman looked at our hand and a familiar emotion passed through her eyes. "Can we talk?"

I want to reject her. I want to avoid her. But I remembered what happened in my dream. Now, I realize that we didn't even have a proper closure. I looked at the woman next to me, but to my surprise she was also looking at me. She smiled as if we were both thinking "Talk to her"

"Thank you"

"I'll wait for you, Natsu"

I smiled and kissed her forehead "I know. I love you" she beamed at me and nodded. When she disappeared around us I boldly looked at the woman in front of me now. There was a small smile on her lips but her eyes were full of sadness. I licked my lips before sighing "I just thought that..."

But I hadn't finished what I was going to say when she suddenly said "Isn't it really possible?"

"I loved you, Lisanna," I almost whispered "But I love her more"

"Is it because I cheated on you that you're hurting me like this?" She licked her lower lips while trying to stop herself from crying "I still love you, Natsu"

"But I don't" she had opened her mouth to speak but instead of words I heard her sobs followed by her tears flowing on her cheeks "I move on. And I want to be happy with her"

"But what about me?" she cried, she held me in both arms and stared at my face "Can't you just be happy with me, Natsu? I-I promise you that I won't hurt you. Just... just please be mine, again"

I shook my head "I can't do that" I said removing her hands on me "I hope you'll be happy, Lisanna" I sincerely said.

I stepped away from him while praying that he would be happy in his life without me. I continued my walk towards the woman I knew would be with me through sadness and joy. Maybe my dream happened in another parallel universe. Maybe the ending of our story in another parallel universe wasn't good. But in this world, I will make sure we have a happy ending.

A happy ending that we both deserve.

________________________ End of Chapter #40