CHAPTER #24

LUCY's POV

|SIX YEARS LATER|

I carefully picked up my mug of the coffee and carried it out to the terrace of my small apartment, shivering slightly when the crisp cool air hit my face. The Tokyo, Japan looks quieter than usual, which supposedly makes me happy. Strangely, I feel disappointed, maybe because I wasn't happy like all other people around me.

The dawn was colder than the day and the sun was already peeping over the horizon with its beautiful reddish orange hue castling and mesmerising glow all around the sky. Winter in Japan was considerable better and warmer than the winder in other country and I knew that because of the nature of my job.

I look over my shoulder when I heard my phone suddenly ring – letting out a deep sigh, I decided to stepped back inside and answer the phone, "Hello?" my voice sounds like I don't have enough life passing through my veins.

"Good morning, Lucy," Aries greeted me energetically which is completely opposite of myself "I just wondering if you could stop by in the office before you go on your whatever – that place is"

I sigh, "I'm going to a unicorn convention because apparently you want me to cover the entire convention" I says which she instantly chuckle "Is there something wrong, why I need to stop by?"

I heard Aries sigh, and murmur something that it was hard for me to understand "Aries? Is there something wrong?" I ask once again.

"Nothing is wrong," she says "The boss will give you another job after the convention."

"Can I just do it tomorrow? Or after the convention? I need to focus on this convention first before I consider accepting that job"

"Lucy?"

"Yes?"

"Don't you remember what day today?" Aries asked me which makes me stiffen on my place. I can feel my heart being stop from beating, I guess. As my mouth slightly parted – my own thoughts was vanish on my mind "It is today, right."

"I have to hang up," I say completely ignoring what she asked me "I have to prepare myself from the convention. See you later, Aries" I say and without waiting for her responses I ended our call.

It's been six years since that day, six years when I opened my eyes, six goddamned years when I forget everything including myself. I don't even know who I am. All I know is I am Lucy because that's how people called me when I was in the hospital. Aside from that, I don't know everything about myself.

I shook my head, completely brushing off my own thoughts, "C'mon, Lucy! You have your job stop thinking about it" I murmur to myself.

For the past six years, I've been working as a part – time model and a journalist in a company named Forever Young Magazine. Actually it has a branches all over the world but the main branch is located in New York.

MY MOUTH parted when I saw the location of the convention. I can feel my throbbing heart was reaching up until my throat. I swallowed and bit my lower lips as I stare the building in front of me. Royale. The building looks so classy and I believe that most of people who check – in on this place was rich.

Despite the cold weather, I can feel my sweat on my forehead. Should I go inside? I close my eyes tightly and inhale sharply. You have to work, Lucy. This is a fucking work so get yourself together and stop being a brat.

'Are we going to argue? We should start eating our lunches – I really don't have the energy to deal with your bratty – attitude'

I gasp in pain when I suddenly hear. No! Not hear. It was a sudden memory that flashes before my eyes. I couldn't see the guy who said it. But hearing that voice, makes my heart clench for unknown pain.

"Miss are you alright?" I heard someone say it but it feels like it was far. I look at the source of the voice before I nodded, "Are you sure that you are alright."

"Yeah. I just... well," I clear my throat "Thank you for your concern, Sir" I say politely before I excuse myself and went directly to the foyer of the building.

EVERY part of my body is aching. It feels like I don't own my body because it doesn't listen to my command. I tried to open my eyes but I failed. I heard someone sob followed by a warm hand touches my hand "Vanilla"

My heart clench in pain hearing his voice "Please open your eyes. I have lots of things to say. I – I don't want to lose you like how I lost our baby. Please, you have to open your eyes"

Who are you? Vanilla? Is that my name?

I tried to open my eyes again to see his face but I failed. I was consumed by darkness again.

I gasped before I open my eyes – it was dark and everything is quiet except the machine that attached on my body. I tried to move my head a little and I was thankful when it follows my mind. Another gasped escape my lips when someone touched my hand. I look for it and I saw a salmon – haired guy sleeping.

His head was resting on the edge of my bed as his hand was holding my hand, the guy looks restless – his hair is disheveled and I can see dark circle under his eyes. I reach for his head and the moment I touched him – is the moment he open his eyes.

I tried to speak but I wasn't able to utter any word when his tears suddenly fall off his eyes, "You're awake," he kiss the back of my hand "Thank God. How are you feeling, Lucy?"

Lucy? I thought my name was Vanilla?

I remained myself mute and stare on his face "Are you thirsty?" with all the energy – I gathered inside my body – I nodded to him.

He instantly get a glass of water for me and help me to drink it, "How are you feeling? I already called your parents. They will be here in twenty minutes."

"I'm sorry," he frowned "But... But do I know you?" I murmurs.

I LET out a deep sigh, as I almost finished my task here in the unicorn convention. I'm not fond with unicorns but I admit that everything here was cute and colorful, "Miss Lucy," I heard someone calling my name and when I turned my head to see the source – I saw the organizer of the event.

"Miss Wong," I greet as I held out my hand "I never expect to see you here" I say truthfully.

She shrugged her shoulder "The moment I heard about you – I instantly went here. You know I'm big fan of you"

I chuckle "I'm not that famous in modelling world. Besides, I'm here as a journalist."

"You are still a famous journalist, you know" she said which instantly make me blush "It is really a honor to see you here in my convention that I organize"

After our little conversation, she bid her goodbye to be since – she need to fly on London for another convention. I traveled my eyes around and I almost held my breath when a familiar ash mauve eyes met my gaze.

I don't know how long I stare on his face. It's been six years since the last time I saw him. With his eyes never leave my face – he crossed the distance between us and I was like... I couldn't even make a move on my spot as if his gaze were preventing me to move.

"Long time no see," he says as soon as he reach me "Lucy"

My heart skip the moment I heard him say my name "Yeah," I gave him a tight smile before I tried to avoid his gaze "How are you? And what are you doing here in this place?"

"Before I answer your question," he says which instantly makes me frown "Are you busy? Would you like to grab a coffee with me?" his voice is soft as he smile on me shyly.

Despite the fact that I should make my way back to our office. I found myself nodding to him which instantly make his smile wider.

Please do take note, that if ever that you encounter a man like him. Please prepare yourself and heart because he can surely make your heart and yourself melt using his smile.