CHAPTER #37

A/n: The result of the poll really made my day. Anyway, enjoy reading  ^_^

LUCY's POV

A loud bang woke up in my mind followed by a faint growl of someone in agony. The sounds make my heart ache and break into pieces because that voice is very familiar. I struggled to cope with the loss of my consciousness as I felt darkness engulf me.

I let out a sigh of relief when I finally opened my eyes - but what greeted me was a place unfamiliar to me. I frowned and tried to remember how I got to where I am now but I failed. It feels like my own mind is trying to protect me from those unwanted memories.

I closed my eyes once again when I heard someone trying to open the door. I pretend to be sleeping and waited for that person entered this room, "How long will she sleep?" that familiar voice makes me bite my lips.

I wasn't expecting to hear that voice or maybe they just have the same voice but not the same person. I slowly open my eyes and look for the source of that voice. And I almost gasped when I saw that familiar face staring at me.

"Ellie" I mumble under my breath.

She look at where I was tied up and I saw how her lips twisted into an impish smile "Looks, who's awake"

I remain myself mute and stare at her face. What the fuck? I knew that we're not close because I'm not planning to be. But I never knew that she would be this low. I never knew that she would do this shit to me!

"Cut your tongue, eh?"

"Are you this shallow, Ellie?" I say disbelief is visible on my face, "Do you really want my family's money?"

"That money belongs to Dragneel, not to your family!" she yelled.

A smirk formed into my lips "You should start studying the history of the Heartfilia Empire. It wasn't called Heartfilia for nothing."

My mouth parted when she suddenly tightened her hand on my neck, gone the wisp of a touch that is now replaced by a steel grasp. I heard someone shouting – a familiar voice. A voice that I wish wasn't in the same position I was in.

A gasp went out of my lips especially when my eyes looked at the person behind her. His face is covered by blood, his shirt is dirty and stained with his own blood. A tear escaped from my lips not because the air from my lungs is slowly leaving me. It was him... his condition is far worse than mine.

There's blood coming out from different parts of his body. Most of them are beaten wounds, the one on his leg was a bullet wound, and his head is bleeding as if he was struck by something heavy.

"ELLIE! STOP IT!" Natsu shouted as if his wounds had nothing to do with him. Ellie let go of me and looked at him – I couldn't see her expression right now "Stop!"

"Stop?" Ellie said, trying to mimic Natsu's voice "Why are you stopping me? I'm doing this for your family"

"You need to stop Ellie! My brother won't like you to turn like a murderer" he said.

"I'm trying to put everything back to normal!" Ellie shouted

"What do you mean back to normal? You don't even know what happened to our family six years ago. You are not there for us. You are just my brother's girlfriend for a year! You don't know anything! Stop saying bullshit!"

"I'm part of your family, Natsu!" Ellie insisted.

Natsu laugh sarcastically "My family is not a greedy like you, Ellie"

She did not say a word and stared at the man in front of her for a long time. A few seconds later I heard her faint sigh, "I'll get you a first aid" she mumbled before she left the room.

"Natsu!" my eyes clouded with my own tears as I looked at his face. I wanted to run towards him but I couldn't. Natsu smiles at me but I can see something in his eyes... an emotion that I wish I never see on his face, "I'm okay, Natsu"

"Luce..." he whispers "I'm sorry" What?

"It's not your fault, Natsu"

"It is my fault..." he mumbled enough for me to hear it "It feels like I'm the one who brings misfortune to your life, Luce. It feels like I'm always putting you in danger."

"Are you regretting approaching me again?"

"I don't know" he sobs which makes my tears fall on my cheeks "If I didn't approach you this wouldn't happen. You'll be safe. Ellie and Lisanna won't harm you. But... but to tell you honestly, I can't stop myself approaching you, Lucy. I can't stop myself because I love you."

"Natsu..."

"I love you so much that it's hurt because I can't even protect you" I open my mouth to speak but my own words failed me "I fail you Luce and that's hurt the most"

"You're not, Natsu" I said "If you didn't approach me – then I'll be the one who will do it for us. Because you're the one who can complete me, Natsu. I love you. I love you and being with you is my happiness. I love you with all my heart, Natsu."

"Luce..."

I smile even when my tears won't stop from falling down on my cheeks "Please don't blame yourself, Natsu. It's not your fault."

He didn't say anything as tears started to fall into his cheeks. I can see pain, regrets and love. The love that we were both holding too.

I STIR awake when I felt someone touching my pulse in my neck. My eyes met her eyes. She didn't say anything but I can see regrets flashing through her eyes. I opened my mouth to speak but my own words failed me. I travelled my eyes around the area and I saw Natsu looking at me worriedly – no! That's wrong.

I can see fear... fear about what?

About Ellie hurting me? About our life? Or rather Natsu fears about our future? I open my mouth to speak again but just like a while ago – my own words failed me. I feel my throat is dry and I need water. Aside from that, I feel sick.

Ellie must notice my situation because she handed me a bottle of water and let me drink it carefully "I'm sorry" Ellie mumbled enough for me to be heard.

I looked at her with wide eyes as my mouth parted. I wanted to speak but I just remain myself mute. What is the use of her apology? The damage has been done.

"I shouldn't agree with her if I know your condition, Lucy." She said this must be the very first time I heard Ellie utter my name "I'm sorry"

"I don't know what's going on but your apology won't help our situation" I said coldly "You bring this to us... I don't think I can forgive you if something happened to Natsu because of your foolishness—"

"Lucy your pregnant"

What?