CHAPTER #42

A/n: So some of you might be confused especially for those my old readers. I did change the entire chapter into this one. Why? Because I think this chapter should be included here and the previous chapter should be removed. I hope you understand these small changes in this book. And I'm really sorry for editing this chapter this way.

We have four (4) chapters left.

Khiegilsan

ERZA's POV

I stared at my ceiling as I thought about my next steps for my future. I should get moving towards the future without him. I bit my lower lip as I thought about what he said 'I'm sorry, Erza'. I chuckle under my breath, hearing him say those words really shattered my hopes. Though, I really expect him to reject me. After all, I'm not the one he loves.

Yes, it hurts. But I have to accept this reality. A reality, he and I will never be meant for each other. We are just like people on the road who are destined to meet but not destined for each other.

I sigh as my notification rang one after another. I'm not in the mood to read messages. Why? Because I'm broken-hearted.

Is my reason valid? Of course, it is. What if that man had a message for me? It would hurt me more if there was a continuation of the words he left earlier. I'm not ready to be hurt again. I have to take a break.

But it seems that I can't avoid my friends. Because when the notification stopped, the sound of my doorbell started to echo inside my house. I roll my eyes and pouty my own lips. Can't they just leave me for a damn whole night?

Against my will, I got up from my bed and went to the foyer of my house. I let out another sigh, before I opened my door. I acted surprised when I finally saw them.

Yes, them.

It was Natsu Dragneel and Gray Fullbuster.

"What the fuck are you two doing here?" I ask.

"Well, I just want to see if you were crying." Natsu said it.

I rolled my eyes and flustered a fake smile on my face, "Now that you see my face. I think you should leave. I really appreciate it, if you do it" I grimace.

"Erza" Natsu patted my shoulder and nodded. I frown, I was about to speak when he continued "I heard that you finally confessed your feelings to him. And I'm so happy that he reject you"

I took a deep breath and forced myself to calm down. I can't kill this man because his girlfriend Lucy will be sad for sure. I forced a smile at him "Are you sure about your life, Natsu?"

He beamed at me "Of course, I am" he proudly replied, "how about you, Erza? Are you sure you won't cry?"

"Why are you obsessed with seeing me cry?" I will ask "You are not a type of guy who will enjoy seeing a woman cry, Natsu"

He shrugged his shoulders before putting his both hands on his pocket. "Well, if it's you then maybe I'll enjoy it." I opened my mouth to speak but Gray punched Natsu on his arms "Ouch! What was that for?"

Gray rolled his eyes "Can we get inside?" Oh right! "We brought some food."

"Fine" I turned my back on them and felt the two of them following me. I don't have to tell these two what to do because they are the ones who prepare the food for the table. I frowned as I looked at them "Why are you carrying so much food? Haven't you had dinner yet?"

The two shook their heads at the same time "I just came home from Lucy's house. Gray... well, I don't know what he's doing" Natsu explain

"And you don't need to know, dude" Gray grimace "I'm with Juvia a while ago."

"How's it going? I haven't see them for a while" I say as I get their own plates and put some rice on it "Maybe I should visit them more often"

"Well, Lucy is being a Lucy. Though, she's been moody these past few days."

"Maybe she's getting tired of you, flame brain" Gray said

"I think Juvia won't mind if I kill you right now, Ice Princess" Natsu glare Gray

Oh c'mon! "Enough!" I emphasize my word which make both of them freeze on their sit "Stop fighting in front of the food"

They both turned pale and both nodded their heads as if that was their answer. They just told me what happened to them today. I did enjoy talking with them. But... There are things that you will never forget no matter what leisure you do.

"Aren't you really going to cry?" Natsu asked me again after we ate our dinner.

My forehead furrowed "I won't cry Natsu. Don't dream about that! And where did you get that news." I can't even bring myself to say the words 'confess' and 'rejection'.

"To Jellal himself," Natsu replied innocently.

My mouth opened to speak but my own voice did not come out. Gray sighed "So we're here to see if you're okay"

"Why?" I whispered.

"Because you're our friend" Natsu's simple answer "I know you're hurting right now. We both know that you're trying to keep in mind that you're not hurting. Because that is what you always do"

"I acknowledge my pain in my own way, Natsu"

Gray sighed "And that'll happen faster if you're not alone, Erza"

"It's okay, Erza." Natsu said softly "You can cry now. Gray and I will surely protect you like you always do for us"

Along with the smiles drawn on my lips, were the single tear dripped on my cheeks followed by the others. The rush of wet water cascaded down my cheeks as if it was never going to stop. I raised my hand and covered my mouth when a sob finally broke free from it. I tried to swallow the sob but it just won't stop.

They say that when you cry it will alleviate the pain. But I think that's wrong. Because what I feel right now is pure pain. Whatever I do to stop it seems like I have no control over my emotions that I try to hide. It feels like my emotions are like a sea that I can't stop the waves, and the weight of each current that pulls me to the deepest.

I held onto my chest as if someone was squeezing it. I can't breathe in pain. Why does the pain seem so much? This is not what I imagined. This is not the pain I'm expecting to experience. This is too much!

I felt their light hands caress my back. With my eyes streak with tears and my body heaving with sobs, I look at them, they both smile at me as if they were silently saying that they are here with me.

I smiled at them even though my eyes blurred with my own tears. Right, I'll be fine because I have friends with me.

________________________________ End of Chapter #42