CHAPTER #22

a/n: I'll update the chapter 23 next week. Enjoy!

NATSU'S POV

I BLEW through my mouth as soon as I arrive at the hospital. My eyes instantly traveled around the place looking for her – but I failed. My throbbing heart is reaching from my throat and I can feel my whole body being numb when I went to the emergency part – and there – I saw her lying with bloods around her body.

She's not moving.

The doctors and nurse are busy doing their best inside to help her. I can see the rush on their action. I couldn't understand what they were doing and my eyes never leave her face. And I know, that I could possibly be lose her. The nurse rushed out and that was my chance to ask a question. So I crossed the distance and asked that person "How is she?"

The nurse look at me "Are you the family of the patient?"

"I'm her boyfriend," I said instantly "How is she? How's Lucy?"

"I'm sorry, Sir but I'm not in the position to answer your question" he said and with that he run somewhere.

My mouth slightly opened – the fuck! Then why the fuck he asked me about that freaking question if he won't answer my question. The nurse I questioned immediately returned with something on his hand. They attached that something on Lucy's body immediately before they come out inside. The doctor looked at me with a tired eyes "How is she?"

"I'll be frank" the doctor said "She's not stable. She lose lots of bloods because of the miscarriage and she had a fatal injury on her head too"

What did she said? Miscarriage?

"She's pregnant" the doctor said as if she knows what I'm thinking "One month to be exact."

I open my mouth to ask a question but my own words vanished on my throat. I can feel my whole body is trembling. I don't know what to say. My mind was suddenly overwhelmed by what he had said.

"We are going to proceed on the operation after the result of her test." That's the only thing I've heard from the doctor.

"C-Can I see her before the operation?" I said thankfully that I finally utter words.

The doctor look at me for a couple of second before, she nodded "You can... but only for five minutes." The doctor look at her side where the nurse waiting for her "Please prepare the operation room #1"

I HELD her hand carefully as I stare on her pale face. She has bruises all over her body and on her forehead carefully wrapped by a bandage. It's been an hour after the operation and the doctor told us that we can see her on the ICU.

I bit my lower lips when I felt that my sobs is about to escape my lips. The only sounds that I can hear is the sound came on the machine that attached on her body, "I don't know what to do" my own voice sounds terrible.

I broke down into a sobs before I kiss the back of her hand "I don't want to lose you, Lucy. Please, you have to survive this. I can't... I c-can't take it if you leave me"

I lean over her and planted a soft kiss on the top of her head – I stayed on her room for I don't know how long before her parents came in. They are both worried about her of course. I saw her father talked to Lucy's conditions – as her mother, she was crying while looking and holding her daughter's hand.

"Tell me, what happened, Natsu?" her father asked me.

"I don't even know... I was waiting for her on the garden when I got call from the hospital" I broke into a sobs – my heart clench in pain "They said that, Lucy Heartfilia was in the hospital. At first, I don't believe it – that's why I checked the entire mansion if she was there but she was not."

I heard my voice crack when I remember how I saw her before the operation "When I didn't saw her on the mansion. I – I... I asked some of the butlers if they saw her. And they did. Lucy drove the car and she hit a trunk"

I heard them both gasped in shock "Oh my God!" her mother cried which makes me bit my lower lips.

"I don't know what happened on the investigation. I-I never leave her side after I saw her on that state," I clench my fist as my own tears started to fall down on my cheeks "She was covered with bloods. I – I...we lost the baby"

"Baby?" – Mister Heartfilia.

"She was pregnant with our baby" I mumble "And because of the accident – she got a miscarriage"

I'm expecting them to punch me from what I did. But all I get was a warm hug coming from her mother and a soft pat coming her dad. My eyes clouded with my own tears when I saw that they understand me and my situation.

"It will be okay, okay" her mother said and I nodded brushing the tears away from my cheeks "My daughter is a fighter."

"I know"

They both open their mouth to say something but all of a sudden everything started going down to hill, her face are now pale, pale as before. It almost look like the blood stop circulating on her face. The heart monitor starts beating differently, her heart beat starts to drop.

I was about to rush on her side but the doctor and the nurses suddenly came inside the room. The doctor started to give instruction and I can't understand the medical term that she had said. My eyes never leave Lucy's face and my heart quickening when they started to get another machine.

"You have to leave" the nurse blocked our view and push us out on the room.

"P-Please... I need to be here" I begged but the nurse didn't listen to us. My last glimpse of her, is when the doctor pumping her chest as if they are trying to revive her.

And then nothing....

I lean on the wall before I stare on the ground, breathing through my mouth as her face flashes before my eyes. Her voice started to rung in my head as I remember the very first time I saw her. And in instant, all of our memories together flashes like my mind is trying to torture me with those memories I have with her.

I remember the very first time I saw her smile.

I remember the very first time I saw her laugh.

I remember the very first time I kissed her.

I remember the time when I finally admit to myself that I love her.

I close my eyes tightly as if it will help me to block all those memories. I heard Levy's voice followed my parents' voice but it feels so far.

I lift my head when the doctor came out on the room. I felt my parent besides me together with Lucy's parents. I open my mouth to speak but my own words vanish. It almost feels like my mind is scared to ask a question because I'm afraid to know the answer.

"How's my daughter?" her mother asked.

"She need to wake up after 24 hours. If not... I'm sorry to say this... but she'll be in coma" the doctor said and we all gasped.

I can't believe this! This is not true!

"She's not safe? I thought she was okay after the surgery? How come she'll be in coma?" I said trying my best to calm my nerve "You supposed to heal her. You supposed to give us courage that she'll wake up. You shouldn't told me that she'll be in coma after the goddamned 24 hours. You don't have the rights!"

The doctor look at me "We did the best we can do—"

"Then that's bullshit" I yelled "It wasn't your best! And it's not enough!"

I can't lose her....

I can't afford to lose the woman I love.