Part 14

I look back over at Maddison, she's wearing herself down but she's not stopping. She gets shoved off only to re climb him but this time with a dagger in hand. "She going to kill him!" Another steps forward and I draw my gun.

"Touch her and I'll kill you." Now anxious eyes start to divert between them, my protective wolf side is starting to show "She's my kill." I move to her and use my gun to pound her in the back of her head, she loses balance but the dagger is already in my bosses chest.

I crouch down to an unconscious Maddison and tuck my gun before picking her up in my arms, she small and surprisingly lighter making sense to why she's so easy to throw. Her face is wet with tears, sweat and blood. I don't know how much a mortal body can take but she seems worn out.

"Where are you going with her body?" One of my boss men asks.

"If I'm questioned one more time, I'll put a bullet in your head." No question are ask. I leave with Maddison in my arms. This time around I don't take her to my loft, I take her to my pack house.

"Alpha?" Is the first thing I'm greeted with, either way I move to our dungeons where the morals are and get her place in an empty room. I leave her on a cotton bed that they're all given. "Get her cleaned up." I order.

Right now all she's in is a black bralette and some pyjamas shorts, she took her shirt off to try help her sister so if she sleeps like that she'll get cold. Not that I care, it's just a fact.

I take myself to my office and my two betas walk in after me. "So what are we to do with her when she wakes?" Luke asks taking a seat.

"Keep her there for now. She witnessed her sister get assaulted then murdered. She also killed alpha Patrick but I don't know if he's actually dead."

"She killed alpha Patrick?" Cater asks.

"All of this happened in one night?" Luke interrupts.

"Yes." I nod, I open my laptop and start tapping away "I need to educate myself on the human emotions."

"Why?" I believe Luke asks.

"I don't know why a grieving hunter looks like."

"Quick question.." Luke starts "why are we keeping her alive?"

"She's valuable to me."

"Huh.." he falls silent and I keep tapping away. Five steps of grief; denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. Well I've yet to see her deny the fact her sister is dead, she did bleed out in her arms.

"Her sister'a body is still back at the location, I want it picked up and brought here." I look up to them sharing a look.

"Understood." Carter nods.

"That'll be all." I dismiss them and they leave. For three additional days I hear no words form Luke who I assigned Maddison too, no word until breakfast. I have the same blonde deliver me my coffee and as she does she doesn't meet my eye.

A knock comes at the door and Luke opens it walking in with Maddison in his steady grip "She's refusing to eat, has been for the past three days she's been here. I can't have her starve herself."

"Why won't you eat?" I ask her but her head just hangs "Unresponsive?"

"Very responsive actually sir and she also um...she tired to kill me." A pause "Twice."

I can't help the smirk surfacing my face as I pick up a slice of apple form a pile of them "Come eat with me." I nod to Luke to move her forward and he does placing her in the empty seat next to me.

"She's a pain in the ass." Luke mumbles but it seems to grab Maddison's attention as she finally lifts her head up to meet his gaze.

"You're a pain in the ass." She shoots back.

"Oh you got your tongue back?" He moves away form her and while he still has his back to her I watch how she reaches for the glass in front of her, picks it up, and throws it at him. It bounces off of him smashing on the ground as he spins to her.

Without word a maid gets in his path cleaning the glass up and his eyes turn to me "You see?" he raises an eyebrow. I just put another apple piece in my mouth.

Finally her eyes meet mine, they're dark and deep with sorrow. She hasn't been sleeping well either, the bags under her eyes highlight that. She scans me with confusion and hate, so much hate is buried behind those brown eyes.

"You should really eat something," I lean forward to grab a pancake slice with my fork and place it down on her plate "you're not worth much if you starve yourself to death."

"And how much am I worth alive?" I don't answer her question, I just move to put some bacon on her plate "What is this place?" A question I can answer.

"I own this place, you're safer here then you would be on your own." I drag a bowel of grapes before leaning back into my chair "Eat." I watch her eyes scan the plate I prepared for her, she doesn't budge. "Leave us. All of you out." People start to leave.

"So your the boss here?" Her hand finally lifts towards her plate but she just picks up the butter knife and fiddles with it "You run this place? Are you the alpha Azriel?" her eyes find mine and for a moment they flash with something I recognize. Anger.

In a swift movement I have a butter knife in my thigh as she diving it deeper by the second. This woman! My wolf is not happy and it takes a lot to surface him. His anger controls me as I stand to clear the table.

Everything smashes to the floor staining the walls and furniture, I turn to Maddison who's gone stiff and grab her. She lets out a panicked shriek as I thrust her down on the table towering over her. I pull the knife out and move it against her throat.

"You want to play games. Let's play." I rip the badge that was around her neck off leaving her still stitched up neck visible.