Part 46

I part my lips to say something, anything but my words are melted on my tongue by his hot breath in my face. This distance isn't doing me any justice and I can feel my insides start to physically tear.

"Azriel..." I'm whispering, what if my breath smells like the dinner I ate before? His breath doesn't smell the slightest of bad.

"Maddison?" His voice is hoarse with lust and he's leaning in so his lips graze against mine. "I've given you your space for days now," he's too close too close too close "don't you think I deserve at least a second of your poisonous lips?"

"You think I'm poisonous?" My hands move on their own and I place it on his chest ready to push him away, but I don't.

"Oh you are far more dangerous." The fuel, he's adding more fuel to the fire. His lips move against mine and I feel him press down onto me but I push him away. I shut my eyes terrified to meet his.

What the fuck and I doing? I wanted his touch and here I am pushing him away! But he doesn't let me, he doesn't let me push him away. "You are going to kill us." He whispers and his breath against my ear feels exotic.

I haven't heard him this close in too long, he's so used to whispering vile things he won't hesitate repeating and my heart is giving me away, giving my feelings away, why can't I mask how I feel around him?

He moves my head a side and takes it upon himself to kiss my neck, I take in the affection shutting my eyes to feeling it more. His hands slide to cup my face and I raise a hand following it as he continues to kiss my neck going down to my stitches.

"Don't you-" I can't even focus on my words "Shouldn't we...focus on the assignment?" I don't know how but his second hand is no under my shirt exploring the map of my body. "Azriel we're in public..."

"I'll fuck you in front of my pack if I wanted to." I can't tell if it's a threat or if he's just trying to tease me. He's going back up my neck tugging my skin with another hand, "Tonight," his to tongue runs up to my ear "come to me tonight. Just a few hours."

I smile to myself, he's always trying to exhausts me with his slow burn. I want to nod but before I do I remember my own situation in his room. "Why do you keep me hidden?" His kisses slow down. "You claim I'm valuable but keep me locked away in your room."

What am I Rapunzel?

"Prestige merchandise shouldn't be stuffed down everyone's throat." He pulls away to look down on me. "I don't keep you hidden, everyone in my pack knows of your existence. None know of your title but some speculate."

"My title?" My eyebrows knit together and then I realize what he's clearly talking about. "Right...Luna." I forgot I had such title sprung on me.

"I can't publicly announce you yet, you still massacred a pack and their alpha, you're still a hunter." I blink at him, this is why I don't want to fall in love with him, I'm a bad guy in his book. He pulls away completely picking up his camera again leaving me there.

I sit back in my seat letting all my nerves die down, this is what happens when I get to close to him. I don't know why I keep denying it, I can feel the tug but I just keep pulling away.

I keep my eyes on the outside, at all the kids being pulled by their parents, at all the teenagers that walk in groups.

I try take in a few glances of Azriel taking snaps form a far, the click of the camera is kind of hard to ignore. His posture is still and I try following his lens that's pointing at the public, who is he hunting now?

I wonder what it's like to be in his position. What would I do if I was a pack alpha and my mate and I are sworn mortal enemies, the only problem is she's quite literally insane yet I can't help but crave her.

Does he even want me as his Luna? Or is it because he has no choice but to take me in? His wolf wouldn't let me run astray, he can barely hold himself intact around me without asking me to spend a few luxurious after hours with him.

Is my presence merely enough to keep him sane? Or is having me here torturing him because I won't let him touch me? But this can't work because I still need to hate him, he can't keep offering me ounces of freedom if I want to keep hating him.

It's takes a few hours of sitting and silence before he finally drives us back to his manor, instead of following him up to his room he takes me to the doctor's office and I roll my eyes frustrated. Why the fuck am I here?!

He knocks before opening the door to step in "Ah," she turns to us "well isn't it my favourite patient." I walk in behind Azriel and he turns to me before going towards the door, where is he going? He doesn't say he just leaves.

"Don't mind him, needles makes him unsteady." She waves me to her and I move to the bed before sitting on it "Poor alpha can't stand them, I think he has a phobia. That makes it hard for him to get treated."

"Why are we talking about needles?" I lean back and she starts preparing a syringe.

"You're getting a shot." She flicks the syringe twice before moving to me with a cotton ball.

"Why am I getting a shot?" I watch her wipe a around in a circle on my arm then grabs a new cotton, a dry one this time and comes back to me with a syringe.

"Birth control." She stabs me before I can refuse, "Hold this." She's talking about the cotton she laid over the injection wound. "You do have a sexual relationship with him don't you?"

"I wouldn't call it that." I reply and then she starts asking me a bunch of questions. "How do you feel? Do you still have night terror. Do you still hear a voice? Do you still see your sister?" Sometimes I wish I could just take her throat out.