Part 18

I secure the ribbon tugging each side before the door swings open. "Time up." Bodyguard walks back in, his eyes scan me form head to toe before dismissing the blonde girl. She leaves with no word.

"Let's go." He nods to me but I stay glued in place.

"What's with you and bossing me around?" A beat passes and we're still in silence.

"I'm sorry princess, would you like me to carry you to our next stop?" His mocking tone doesn't please me, he struts to me grabbing my arm like he always does "Come on mortal, I don't have time for this." He tugs me forwards and I stagger behind him to keep up.

No matter how much I try pulling away he's twice my seize and way stronger giving him the upper hand, when he stops I smash face first into his back catching myself. "Pathetic." He mumbles opening a door.

"You're just an-" my words drop with my jaw as we walk in on Azriel with his tongue down another wolf. They don't break apart even with us standing there so I have to watch, I have to watch how she has her hands buried in his hair.

How tight his grip around her waist is and how hard he works to keep her on his lap. My throat burns and I'm ready to release the barf building up. "Alpha." My bodyguard seems so close and at the simple word Azriel looks up.

His eyes fire up with a dangerous blue. The way I would love to feed him a mouthful of his own teeth right now, I can feel my temperature rise the same why my heart does. I hate him.

His eyes go back to the girl on his lap and she moves to stand, her eyes meet mine and I watch how the caramel brown pits scan me. I'm shoved forward. "As requested."

"Thanks Luke." Azriel nods and for the first time, I take in my bodyguard's name, Luke. Form my lower back I feel a push before I hear Luke's footsteps grow faint and then the door closes. I turn watching it. I want to go back to the doctors room.

"Maddison." I turn back at the sound of my name, because of his tongue my name sounds like a curse "Come sit down." I blink at him and he does the same at me.

"If I don't," I finally speak up, "will you pluck the rest of my stitches out?" I watch something in his face grow cold and his once water blue eyes turn dark.

"Sit."

"Is that a command?" I can feel my skin boil form his pinning eyes "Last time I checked I'm not the bitch he-" his brisk move to stand cuts me off and I find myself taking a vast step back. He catches my discomfort but still grabs my arm jerking me forwards.

I shut up. For once I shut up as I'm impelled to my seat. I watch him not letting him out my sight as he just moves to retake his eat beside me, I try with all my might to slow my breathing. Yet still I take in a shaky breath.

He reaches over to me and I flinch backwards putting distance between us, his hand is not even close to me, it's on the cover. I look at the table in front of me, I'd been to distracted to realize there's a dish right in front of me.

He lifts the cover revealing a bowl of yellow soup, the smell of chicken dances in my nose. I meet his eyes, they've grown softer but I remember that at any given time he could pick up his butter knife and rip my stitch out.

"You are so wicked you know that?" He doesn't answer me, I can feel the back of my eyes sting. "You're a sinful creature and vile." Still no answer, I divert my eyes away form him to my lap and watch two teardrops stain my skirt.

I sniff shaking my head, he doesn't deserve the privilege of seen me cry. Stop crying! I suck it up.

"I'll be patient with you." I don't meet his eyes like I usually do, "Our deal is off. I can't hunt you if we're under the same roof, there's no thrill in that." He really has no remorse "Instead, let's make a new one."

"No." I don't want anything to do with him.

"Don't you want to hear-"

"No."

He goes silent as my eyes burn into the bowl in front of me, "This is where my patience comes in, stubborn behaviour like this." I watch his large hands push the bowl to me, a spoon I dropped into it. "In that case, eat." I lift my eyes to the door.

I want Luke to come back and get me, I want to go back into the doctors room, I want the blonde to come and try boss me around, I want out of here. "Where you given a tour?" I turn to him "Explained the rules?" No I wasn't, so I don't reply.

"Well you will be." His eyes stay on mine, how do such pretty eyes hold so much danger? How does his skin that's so clean can be the reason someone dies, I want to ask but I just shut my mouth. "No please," he spots my parted then shut lips "don't hold back."

"Why am I here?" I ask instead "Why didn't you hand me over to Patrick's pack? What will you do to me here?"

"You're safer here then you are elsewhere," he rubs his top lip with his finger "plus you are worth great value to me."

"I'm not worth much if I'm dead though, am I?" He nods as a response, don't worry I won't kill myself. At least to yet. I stare at him. His whole aura seems familiar, now I know we've been close before, I mean I did fight him and he did almost rip my stitches but that's not it.

I go back a few night ago seeing him at the bar, what was he doing there? Did he follow me? How'd he find me? Now those questions don't mean anything, I should have let him die under the pile of concrete.