Part 32

We park not far from the guys then wait for them to enter before we do the same. Like instructed we go down the corridor and enter the fifth door, it's unlocked which doesn't surprise me.

"Where are the lights?" Emma asks, I scan the room. I'm trying to read any movement around here, isn't there supposed to be a Carter waiting for us?

The lights flicker on and I blink back how bright it is. "Emma.."

"I didn't touch anything!" She rushes out and I turn to her, she too is shielding her eyes form the light. "Woah." I follow her eyes to realize the room is filled with equipment. It's like a play house in here.

I move towards the table to see all types of guns just displayed out "This is reckless." I pick up a pistol then reload it with a near by bullets, I move with the gun grabbing a dagger of the wall.

I look out into the night, the windows are towering over me and I can only imagine I'm being watched right now, Azriel's not the type to leave me in a room like this. "Give me the envelope," I listen to Emma's shoes make their way to me.

I take the envelope moving back to the table and pour the papers out, I separate each file form the picture. I have seven targets. "Here's the plan." I tap the table with my pistol in one hand.

"I go out there and get the guys we need, then I bring them back here and you have to tick each guy off the list. If I need you I'll come back, take a gun and protect yourself." I drop the gun in hand and reach over to put a silencer on.

"You are not to leave this room unless you're in some deep shit." I move back around the room looking for some wolfsbane, I open a cabinet. "Ah ha." I reach into it grabbing a jar.

I open the top and dip a finger into it before dabbing it onto my lips, that should make then a little lightheaded. "The redhead is first right?"

"Yes." I hear behind me "But how do you plan on getting him?"

"They come to me." I open the door "They always do." I move out, I rise the dagger that's still in my hand and use it to tie my hair up, to everyone it should look just like an accessory.

I walk into the main event. As music they have violinist play classic making me feel like I'm part of a mafia ball. Eyes work their way to me but I move like there's no fault. I shouldn't be scared and I should control my heartbeat.

My eyes scan the crowd looking for a six two redhead "Excuse me," my wrist is slightly tugged making me face my opponent, he does this smooth move where he laces our fingers together. I look down at our hands then back up at him.

About six two and a redhead. I haven't even been here five minutes and I've already had one of my targets come to me. "I've been looking for you."

"You have?" I give him a light smile, he nods and starts to lead me away. "Where are we going?"

"To chat." He lours me out the room, just as we're far enough form the room I take I upon myself to lead us down the exact corridor I need to be in. Unfortunately we pass the fifth door and he takes me round yet another corner.

A little roughly he pushes me against the cold stone wall, he used his body weight to keep my there and now it's my turn to look a little worried. "Why are we so far form the party?"

"This way we won't get overheard."

"I don't even know why I was dragged here."

"You don't remember me do you?" He questions. I shake my head. "I was there when you killed alpha Patrick."

You have got to be kidding me, I mean it makes sense to why he was looking for me though. "So that means you were there when he killed my sister." This time he nods.

"I was thinking we could team up, work against alpha Azriel." That catches me off guard, he leans in going into my neck and I tilt my head the opposite direction giving him access. "I'd like to have such a strong hunter on my team."

"If I'm to take Azriel down, I'd prefer to do it myself." I wince feeling his lips on me but he doesn't seem to notice my discomfort. He pulls away to look at me and I smile "That's my weak spot." I push him away flirtatiously.

"Why don't you let me explore more of your weak spots to change your mind?" He leans into me putting our lips together. I shut my eyes leaning into him as he tastes the poison off my lips. "Wait," he pulls away.

"What's wrong?" It sounds cold, I can't mask my annoyance. "Didn't you want to kiss me?"

"You did something to me." He picks his head up wiping his lips, his attempt to swing at me is sloppy and slow making it easier for me to dodge. He stumbles catching himself on the wall I was pinned on and I move to him.

"Come," I give him a hand, he's too drugged to go against me so I just take his hand. I lead him back around the corner and I push the fifth door open to see Emma standing there by the table.

"That was fast." She says.

"He came to me." I shut the door behind us and drop the drowsy subject. He groans and I watch him try wiggle his way back to the door. His feeble hand stretches out and I step on in driving my heel through his hand.

He cries out and I meet him down on his level "You shouldn't be so loud." I take my heel out and he's quick to nurse it. I move to the table where Emma is and grab and other pistol and twist a silencer on it.

Going back to him I press the gun to his forehead "Who do you work for?" He asks me and I give him a sad smile.

"It's complicated." I shoot him, another two more just to make sure. You never know.