-23-

It has been a month since Chiyo's dead. Shisui told no one of the lead he had because he knew they would never let him go with them to bring her back. He tried since then to perfect the lead. Shisui was close, so close to go to her. However, he didn't have much time because a month ago he told everyone he gave up. That he would now stop looking for her. Everyone was shocked when he told them that. The only person who didn't believe him was Mikoto.

*Flashback one Month ago *

Mikoto found out today from gossiping civilian something interesting and sad. She found out that Shisui stops searching for Sakura. At first, she didn't know what to think or what to say. She had a lump in her throat and couldn't breathe. What she, however, knew was that she needed to talk to Shisui. On her way to him, she thought about all the time she saw Shisui looking at Sakura. He always looked at her with ardor or Love. That was the only you could see when Shisui looked or talked about Sakura.

*5 Minutes later *

Mikoto was in front of Shisui house and was about to knock on it. Shisui however opened the door before she could do it. He let her in and made her some tea. Shisui however knew why she was here. She was here to ask why he stops searching.

''Shisui'' Mikoto said with a strict voice. She only used this voice at Clan meetings or when Sasuke did something.

''Mikoto-sama I don't have much time, I need to go on a mission.'' Shisui said with a fake smile.

''why are you doing this?'' Mikoto said with sorrowful voice.

''Mikoto-sama I don't know what you are talking about.'' Shisui said with fake confused look.

''Shisui don't lie to me. When your parent died, I was the one who raised you. So stop and tell me why.'' Mikoto said.

''I didn't want to tell you that because I knew I would hurt you. However, Mikoto-sama I need to move on. The feelings I had for Sakura-san are away. I need to start being again useful for the village -'' before Shisui could say more he felt a small sting on his cheek and heard a loud hit. Mikoto just slapped him with tears in her eyes.

''don't lie to me, Shisui. I can see it in your eyes when you lie, and I can see in your eyes that you love her. This kind of love that you feel for Sakura-chan just don't go away and we both know it. You are not the Shisui-kun I raised. You were always a good kid, Shisui and I did so much so that you could be happy.'' Mikoto said with tears falling from her face.

''what do you mean?'' Shisui asked with a confused voice.

'' The Clan elders wanted you to get married when you were 18. I told them that it would never happen. I and Fugaku had so many arguments with them, but in the end they let the marriage go. Not only that, but I knew you would never love someone that is not Sakura-chan. I just want you to be happy, and whatever you are doing right now will not make you happy.'' Mikoto said with red eyes and was out the door.

*Flashback end *

After that day, Mikoto never really talked to Shisui. She would sometimes tell him to eat with them supper, but he never came. Shisui was doing many missions and finished them fast. Most of his Missions are missions for a week, but he finishes them in few hours.

He even got a new name around the villages, ' The red eyed monster'. Every night Shisui would after his mission's look for the lead that would bring him to Sakura, and he just needed one clue, and then he could go. He even knew where this clue would be,and he had tomorrow a 'mission' there. He knew he would do fast the Mission and then search for the clue. What Shisui however didn't know because of his mission's was that Akatsuki just needed the Eight and Nine-Tails.