Jokes on You

Percy's POV

Percy sat cross-legged on the floor of an abandoned building which he didn't really enjoy. The cement was probably one of the most disgusting thing he'd even touched apart from Medusa's severed head. That would probably always remain the #1 most disturbing, and revolting thing he ever had to touch. But what could he do, ask his captors for a pillow or something to sit on? Percy suddenly remembered all the blankets he had tucked under his bed and found himself actually wishing he had one of them right now.

I will never take blankets for granted ever again. Percy thought seriously. Ahhh! stupid ADHD, Focus Percy, focus!

Percy wasn't restrained in any way, probably because they knew he could easily use his powers whether he was tied up or not. He was tempted to reach for Riptide, but that would alert Lady Shiva. She crouched a few feet away next to Slade's still form with her sword on his throat. Her calculating eyes followed every movement Percy made.

Bronze Tiger slipped out of the door before returning with a bucket full of water. He dumped It onto a very surprised Percy.

"What the Hades?" Percy yelped.

"Your an Atlantean, right? You guys dehydrate faster than humans, and we need you alive, at least for now." Bronze Tiger said as the returned to guard the door.

Percy was very confused. "Who said I was an Atlantean?"

"You did. You said you weren't human, and I've only ever seen Atlanteans control water the way you can."

Well they aren't exactly wrong, Percy thought. My father is from Atlantis. In fact, he rules Atlantis, just not their Atlantis.

"What about his fire abilities?" Lady Shiva asked. "I've never seen an Atlantean who could wield their opposite element."

The two assassins looked at Percy for an answer, which Percy was not going to give them. He sat silently as they continued to stare at him. And little did they know that with every bucketful of water, they were only making him stronger.

Percy sighed as he twiddled his thumbs. He was starting to get restless again. He had already formulated an escape plan that should work, but he really wanted to see who was behind all of this.

"So," Percy said trying to break the awkward silence. "What do you think about blue food?"

The silence unfortunately stayed unbroken, in fact, it was only enhanced as the two assassins stared at the demigod like he was crazy.

"Look guys, I've been through some crazy schist in my life. Trying to figure me out will only hurt your brains."

"Oh... I like the sound of that. Finally someone who think the same way as me." A voice said maniacally.

Everyone turned to the now opened door. Leaning against the door frame was... a clown? The man had dark green hair and a purple suit. He wore a creepily large grin on his white painted face.

"Who are you?" Percy asked. He'd seen a lot of weird stuff in this world so far, but he really wasn't expecting the boss of two master assassins to end up being a clown.

"You don't know ME? I'm the Joker!"

Percy just shook his head.

"I'm one of the most notorious supervillains around. You really must be a strange one if you've never heard of me before. But that's good, I like strange." The Joker thymicaly tapped a bloodied crowbar against the palm of his free hand and circled Percy.

The clown then turned to Lady Shiva and raised an eyebrow question.

"I think he has potential to make an exceptional assassin. Aside from his abilities, he appears to have incredibly honed relaxes and is skilled in swordsmanship," She said.

"An assassin which," Percy said deliberately. "I'm not willing to become."

The Joker laughed hysterically. "You've got some guts kid, I appreciate that." Then he struck Percy across the face with the crowbar.

Percy sat up straight again glaring at the Joker. "I suggest you NOT try to anger me."

The sword at Slade's throat cut into his skin slightly as Lady Shiva sensed a dangerous aura from the young hero she'd captured.

"You know," The Joker frowned slightly. "I don't really liked being threatened."

"Well if you're planning on somehow getting me to join your little group, I suggest you get used to it really fast."

Joker licked his lips and smiled. "You really remind me of myself when I was younger. Oh, that reminds me, have I ever told you how I got these scars..."

"Did I ever tell you how I got mine?" Percy cut him off.

"What?" Joker said like he wasn't used to people interrupting his story.

"Nothing, I'm just starting to think I may be wasting my time by being here."

The Joker's ginning face twisted slightly into one of anger. "It would be an even bigger waste of time to try and escape. I have people everywhere, and they will never stop hunting you down."

"Hmm..." Percy hummed as he mentally prepared. "That is, if you are still willing to catch me."

"What on earth are you going on about?" Joker asked unconsciously stepping away.

"Sorry about this, I know just how bad the Cocytus can be." And with that, Percy solidified the water molecules around Lady Shiva's sword, trapping it. He then opened the compartment on his belt that held the underworldly liquids.

With deep concentration, Percy shot several droplets of wailing water at his enemies. Before they could even react, the water hit each one of them. They froze, eyes widening.

"It isn't worth it," Bronze Tiger cried as he slid down the wall, the river of lamentation sucking out his life force.

"Despair!" Was all Lady Shiva said before tumbling sideways.

"I've never felt pure misery like this before..." Joker mumbled as he stumbled and fell.

"Wow, that's a lot more effective of humans." Percy said. He climbed onto his feet and walked over to Slade's still body. "Well, we better get back before Harley decided to kill me."