The Aria Trash Wayne Enterprises

Percy's POV

"Let me guess," Harley said while pulling out a comically large wooden hammer. "These ar' more of those Greek monsters ya mentioned?"

A dozen demon grandma's dropped down from the ceiling. Their grotesque and twisted faces were angled solely on the demigod in the room.

Letting his sword lower, Percy groaned. "Yeah, they're called the Arai." The demigod struggled to keep his mind from slipping into his horrific memories of the Pit.

"Perseus Jackson, you cannot get away from us this time. No titan will save you now." A single emotionless voice echoed overheard as the monsters slowly began to advance.

"Creepy," Harley commented. She turned in Percy's direction and noticed his lowered sword. "Ya not gonna fight them?"

"I can't. Each one carries a curse from a defeated enemy. Killing them will unleash those curses. "

"Surely you can't have that many enemies..." Ivy paused seeing the slightly amused look on her adopted son's face.

"If we can't fight them, then what's the plan?" Slade asked while keeping his eyes fixated on the disturbing creatures nearing him.

"Well, until I can think of something... RUN!" Percy yelled. He led their group out of the remnants of the bar and into the open street.

"What 'bout the civilians?" Harley said.

"They'll be fine for now. I'm the Arai's target. We'll lead them to an unpopulated area."

Behind them, the hag burst out into the open, flapping their leathery bat-like wings. "Got you!" The voice hissed as one of the Arai launched itself at Percy.

The son of Poseidon leapt to the side and rolled back onto his feet. "Go!"

The Hero Syndicate dodged swerving cars and crazed grandma's trying to tear them to pieces as they dashed down the cracked pavement for several blocks.

"Tri, they're gaining on us." Cheshire yelled from the back of the group.

Ivy quickly turned back and suddenly the road exploded as thick vines sprout out from the ground. They gripped the Arai out of the air and tangled them together.

"Gahhh!" The voice growled.

Ivy gripped the celestial bronze armor that coated Percy's arm and pulled him back into a sprint. "That won't hold them for long."

"Thanks, Mom."

Ivy's face lit up at the nickname. No matter how many times she heard it, it always brought her true joy. In the past, she'd always been alone. After joining the Hero Syndicate, she found friends and purpose, but it wasn't until the abandoned demigod showed up that she gained something more, a child she loved and was determined to protect no matter the cost.

"I don't mean to interrupt your family time," Cheshire said. "But what's the plan for dealing with the Aria?"

"Ugh," was Percy's smart reply.

"How'd ya defeat 'em before?" Harley asked.

"I didn't defeat them. I nearly got killed by them," Percy cringed at the memory. "A friend of mine, Bob, destroyed them."