6

As Sky waits for the two to change and get some clothes on she sits nervously playing with her fingers. She's wishing that she hadn't eaten after all with how her stomach is acting right now.

"Sky, it's alright, you can talk to us about anything. We will do our best to answer you honestly and hopefully, allay your fears." Kacey tells her going to her and placing his hand gently on top of hers. "This is all something new to you, everything that's happened to you is. Talk to us and we'll do our best, but if you don't tell us what is worrying you or making you confused or whatever we can't do anything about it. You'll tell us goodbye and we won't even know if we could have done something differently. Right now our wolves are pacing inside us nervously. 

"They are probably more nervous than you are. We only get one mate, true mate at least, not like humans that can find someone else easily or at least by dating. If we fuck up and lose our mate that's it. We can take a chosen mate, but it won't ever be as good.

"I know Ellis touched on what happens when an alpha takes a mate. The luna is equal to the alpha. She has a great deal of power and deals with the domestic issues, females come to her, she oversees the orphans and unwanted children. She makes sure that the staff is doing their jobs and not being harassed.

"She will be an intermediary between the pack and us. It will help us a great deal to no longer have to deal with the other duties.

"The problem is, because there are five of us, there would be five lunas as well. As you can imagine the females won't want to step down when the alpha that's in charge changes. That's why us having one mate is better for us. 

"Should we take different mates than it would cause trouble between the lunas and could potentially destroy the pack. 

"That's why when I found that you were my mate I called my brothers in so that they could see if you were their mate as well. I had hoped that the moon goddess would bless us like that and we have been. 

"It's why we haven't chosen any mates yet, we were hoping that we wouldn't have to. We've been getting a lot of pressure, not just from our pack but from other packs about it."

"Kacey, hush. I believe you on that, but I really need to ask my questions. Some of it I think I already know the answer but I don't want to assume anything. Please, it's hard for me to concentrate when you are so near me and not fully dressed." Sky is wondering where the hell she is getting the boldness from, it is totally unlike her.

Kacey smirks and stands up. He walks over to his previous seat and then waits patiently for Sky to ask them her questions.

After gathering her thoughts and her courage she looks at them one by one and asks, "I know that you haven't chosen a mate yet, any of you, from Kacey's words. That doesn't however mean that you haven't been dating any one seriously. So my question is, are any of you in a serious relationship and if so what will that mean to all parties involved?"

The brothers look at each other and finally Kacey answers. "Like I said, we are getting pressure to choose a mate. There are five allied packs that would like to tie our alliance together with marriage to their daughters. We have made the reluctant decision to date their daughters with the caveat that if any of us find our true mate that there will be no repercussions. We actually have a date set up with them tomorrow night." Kacey doesn't want to look at Sky as he tells her that last part.

"So you will call up the other packs and break the date because you have found your true mate, right?" Sky says, she's doing her best to keep her emotions from coming out.

"It's not that easy, Sky. You have to be willing to let us mark you before they will believe that you are the mate to all five of us. They will think that we are just trying to get out of marriage with their daughters." Kacey tells her sickened at her continued silence.