26

The alphas take places of protection around the room. Kacey goes back behind his desk and Wyatt stands next to Sky. The twins go on either side of the door and Leroy stands next to Kacey as Ellis stands next to Wyatt.

The wait isn't long before the guard once more returns with a rather scruffy looking male at his side. It is obvious that the man has been in several fights. There are scars marring his face nearly taking his eye out. His bare arms show many more scars and Sky has no doubt that there are others covering his body.

This is the first of her knights.

The man no more than sees her then he goes to her side. At least that's what he tries to do but Wyatt stops him before he reaches her. He drops to his knees and bows to her, "My queen, I am here to serve."

Sky smiles at the kneeling man before her and pushes past Wyatt. When Ellis tries to stop her she just gives him a look and he steps back. She goes to the kneeling man and lifts up his head. "What is your name?"

"Chang, my queen."

"Stand, Chang, please." Sky tells the man gently. She smiles as she looks closer at this man. He will undoubtedly find many females that will wish his help in having pups. He is a proven warrior and strong.

"Do you know why you are here, Chang?" Sky asks softly. She looks wickedly at her alpha mates. They are so busy staring dagger looks at the strange man before them that they miss the wicked look Sky gives them all.

"Some, my queen, but the dream said that you would explain to me what my duties would be in full."

"You had a dream, did you? What did you dream?" Sky asks for her mates. They need to know this information.

"I dreamed of a woman that said she was the moon goddess and that she needed me to serve the queen to help save her children." Chang answers assuredly in his words.

"How do you know it was the moon goddess that you dreamed about?" Kacey demands. He doesn't like how close Sky is to the feral wolf. Nor does he like how she looks at the wolf with a soft smile when she has yet to smile at him.

"She said that you would be skeptical. She said to tell you that your wish for your eight birthday was for your father to die alone and in pain just like your mother."

Kacey starts, that was his wish. He had never voiced that wish, not once. But it was the wish he gave as his mother screamed in agony for the last time. He still remembers watching the light leave her eyes and the smile as the pain finally left her.

Kacey stays quiet after that and just watches silently.

"You know you are to help the females without mates have children, even among other shifter groups that will make their way here?"

"Yes, my queen. She was very clear about those parts of my duty. I will be a true father to all my children." Chang says in wonder. He's no virgin by no means but he never thought that he would have children. It isn't safe for a wolf like him to have a family. His family was killed by other wolves. First the rogues that are vicious to all then his mother when they accidently crossed a pack border. She died to save him even as he ran to save his life he heard his mother give her death cry.

Fortunately he was old enough and had learned enough fighting skills that he was able to survive. For years he's been a lone wolf traveling among humans and the wilderness not claimed by any packs.

He has survived and his enemies have all fallen. Even the alpha that gave him the facial scars fell to him. The pack didn't bother him for that. They were rather thankful to lose the alpha. He'd been a rather abusive pack leader and the pack was in bad shape from his abuse. They had wanted him to be their alpha but he merely laughed and said no thanks before leaving once his wounds healed sufficiently. He still checks up on the pack from time to time and they are doing so much better than they were before.