47

They go into the man's office and they can both smell the fear the man has. Once the man leaves and motions for them to sit Kacey locks the door. The man's fear sky rockets. 

Sky settles into the seat offered while Kacey gives the man a hard look. The man doesn't crumble, but it's a near thing. Kacey isn't sure that offering the man so many choices is a good idea at this point.

"What can I do for you Miss Burnett, isn't it?" The man says nervously but doing his best to hide it.

"Well Mr. Darcy, it seems that two of the rings that I was going to have your friend clean and evaluate for me never made it to the jeweler. Care to explain where they disappeared to?" Sky asks pleasantly.

Darcy does his best to hide his terror at this. He tries to bluff his way out of it, but fails spectacularly. "You were here when he took over the jewels."

"Yes, but reviewing your security video Kacey here noticed that you slide two things into your pocket. Those things wouldn't happen to be my rings now would they?" Sky continues pleasantly but hardens her look when he doesn't reply immediately.

"Answer her." Kacey growls out.

"You see, the one ring was an heirloom that his father gave to my mother when he had no right to do so. I was going to give it back, but imagine my surprise when it was missing."

"The other ring will get you killed if the wrong people see it." Kacey says gritting his teeth. He's too worried about his brothers to play this game right now.

"I don't understand." Darcy says visibly sweating now.

"The ring denotes high station among my mafia." With those words Darcy about passes out.

"Well that explains why no one would touch it." He says out loud his thoughts.

"What do you mean?" Kacey demands.

Darcy seems to shrink into himself as he deflates. "I took the one ring to give to my wife for our anniversary. My bank is failing and I wanted to give her just one last gift before we lose everything. I took the other ring in hopes of fencing it for enough money to keep the bank going long enough to find an investor or to sell it."

"What's wrong with your bank?" Sky asks with a slight worried tone.

"The other bank in town is part of a international system. They have rates that I can't compete with. I've been losing customers and can't find any investors to help me keep things going." Darcy says resignedly.

There is silence in the room for a few minutes as Kacey debates with himself.  Finally he comes to a decision. "I have three options for you. What you have done would normally end in your death. However, I will allow you to decide which ending you will have. The first option, we will release the knowledge and proof that you stole two rings that value nearly a million in value. The second option, I take you after you leave the bank and we'll go for a drive. That will leave your family wondering for the rest of their lives where you are. The last choice," Kacey pulls out an envelope and throws it to Darcy. "Read it."

Darcy with shaky hands takes the envelope and takes the papers out of the envelope. He looks over the papers. He finishes then goes back over them once more. "I'm sorry, I still don't understand."

"I will be investing in this bank. I will be a silent partner. I will open a million dollar account right now and will wire in another half million once I have my account open. I will also help bring in more accounts. I have one person willing to bring in a new large account on my phone call.

"You will need to keep things completely on the up and up because I'll be using this for money laundering."

Darcy looks at him sharply with his mouth open.

"I-I don't know what to do." Darcy says hands shaking.

Chang hands Kacey the bag he'd been carrying.

"You need to make your choice now." Kacey says starting to take the money out of the bag and setting it on the desk in front of Darcy.

"You have others that will open accounts here now?"

"He's just waiting outside the bank for my phone call." 

Darcy's shaking hands pull the papers towards him and takes a deep breath before signing the papers.

"Thank you, I'm sure that your family will thank you as well." Kacey says smoothly.

Darcy gets out the paperwork for a new account and once that's done he walks out to a teller and has her enter the information as he takes the money along with Kacey and Sky with their guards to the vault.

"You made the best choice," Kacey tells them before they leave the vault.

As soon as they are done Kacey makes a phone call and shortly another male comes into the bank. "Morgen, so good of you to come at such short notice." Kacey greets the man jovially.

Morgen smiles faintly. "A pleasure, Legrand."

Kacey introduces the bank owner and Morgen. Sky looks in confusion to Kacey. He mouths later to her as the two go into the bank owners office and the door closes.

Kacey types out a message on his phone before he puts his phone away and offers his arm to Sky. Chang goes ahead of them and opens the door for them. "Now to return home and take care of those that dare to harm those that are mine."

"Ours, Kacey, ours." Sky reprimands him.

Kacey looks at her and smiles, "Ours, you are absolutely correct. It's time to show those that would dare take what is ours and harm them exactly why you don't want to do that."

"Those that hurt Leroy and Wyatt are mine." Sky says angrily. Those are her men, no one gets to touch them, no one.

Kacey smiles delightedly. "If they don't wish to do the honors themselves then they are yours to do with as you wish."

They are almost back to the plane when Sky is once more overcome with pain. This infuriates Kacey even more. He gathers Sky up in his arms and hurries into the plane. He does what he can to distract Sky but until they are at cruising altitude there is little he can do.