12

As they enter the dining hall the low murmuring of the pack ceases and silence reigns. Sky feels self conscious as all eyes are on her at the side of the alphas. Especially the twins as they are in wolf form.

Then one voice is heard breaking the nearly oppressive silence. "Why is that human whore here?"

All eyes are now on the five alphas waiting to see what will happen next. None of them expected the man to be grabbed by his throat and raised up with his feet dangling by Kacey in the blink of an eye.

"How dare you slander our mate and your luna? How dare you show such disrespect to us, your leaders? She is our mate, that means even if she did have sex with all five of us she isn't being a whore. Not like that bitch you spawned, who is even now in the cells awaiting punishment for her disrespect. Not like you that killed your mate with your cheating on her." Kacey stops speaking to the wolf that he was slowly choking to death to look at the rest of the room. 

He finds all eyes are on him including Sky's. "It is time for a change around here. For too long a grave injustice has been perpetuated. It started with my father and we, unfortunately, have allowed it to continue. But no longer. For now on, those that have found their mates, unless you have been rejected or reject your mates you will not be allowed to be with others. If you are, you will tried for attempted murder since it can and has killed mates in the past. Just like my father killed my mother. This will stop, yesterday your luna told you it will stop. I happen to know of at least one that broke her ruling almost immediately. He is currently in the cells awaiting his punishment.

"Since attempted murder is a killing offense, the punishment will be death. Those that intentionally try to make someone that has a mate be with them, seduce them, they will also be tried for attempted murder. Mates are a gift to be cherished, not to be dishonored. We have for far too long ignored that fact. 

"Do not disrespect them any further." With that Kacey finally lets the nearly dead wolf drop. "Take him to the cells where he will await punishment with his daughter." Kacey says without looking at the man that disrespected Sky.

"We will not accept any further disrespect to your luna. You don't have to like her, but you do have to respect her. Further punishments won't be whipping and will either result in exile or death. Do I make myself clear?" Kacey demands of those in the room.

The wolves bow down their heads and submit to his orders. Those that hate the human mate just grind their teeth.

There are a group of females that are furious at the edict. They had plans for the alphas and now that human bitch is in the way. 

Once breakfast is over they slip out and meet together. "We can't do our plans now." One girl whines to the others.

"Oh yes we can. Nothing has changed from what we planned. I already have the potion."

"You'll get us all killed Kelly. If this is successful they'll kill us when she rejects them." One of the girls tries to reason with the others.

"Oh, no. They'll forget all about her and take us as their mates. You will not say or do anything to jeopardize this Amy." The female that claimed to have the potion threatens the one voice of reason.

"Amy, you will go along with your sisters in this and you will be mate to one of the alphas. I believe Alpha Lloyd was chosen for you. I will not have you messing this up." Amy's father breaks into their group and demands of his daughter. He has wanted more power in the pack for years and has felt that he has been unfairly kept from it. Now his daughters have the chance to become the female leaders of the pack and he's going to make sure that it happens.

"I want my true mate, not someone that's forced to mate with me because of some damn potion that is illegal to use!" Amy dares to defy her father. She doesn't see the dark gleam that come into his eyes at her defiance.

He grabs her arm and pulls her away from the other females. "You will do as you are told, you little bitch. You are as worthless as your mother was." Her mother was his mate, but like the alpha he killed her with his infidelity. She has four sisters because of it though. He never did get his male heir.

For the next hour she went through a great deal of pain as he made sure that she would follow through with his power plans that night.

By the time he was finished with his punishment she could barely move. "You will go to the party tonight and you will do your best to seduce Alpha Lloyd and get him to mate and mark you, do  you understand bitch?" Her, oh so loving, father demands before leaving her to her suffering.

"I have no choice, but I hope you all burn in hell. When the alpha's destroy all those that take her away from them death will be preferable at this point." Amy manages to say before collapsing in pain. Tomorrow, she's pretty sure they will all be killed tomorrow and she will die laughing at her family as they are killed.

She can't stop the tears falling though. She wanted nothing more than to find and accept her own mate. All she ever dreamed about the only thing that kept her going through all the years of her father's tender care has been thoughts of her mate taking her out of here. Now, even if he is there tonight, she will have to ignore him and do her best to destroy several lives.

Once she heals enough to be able to move she calls in her friend to help her clean up.

"Amy, what the hell?" Shelly demands as she sees her friend bloody and bruised. "It's your damned father again isn't it?"

"Yes, I can't do anything about it, but you can, Shelly. I need you to go to the alphas and tell them that my sisters are going to try to get them to mate and mark them tonight. I have to participate or my father will truly kill me. He's blinded by greed and the need for power. He doesn't see that he has killed us all with his power plot."

"You can tell them. They scare the shit out of me. I'm just a lowly little omega, they won't even talk to me." Shelly says doing her best to help her friend clean up and get out of going to the alphas.

"I won't be allowed out until it's time for the party. I'm not sure that I'll even be able to move without pain by then, father really worked me over good this time. Yet, somehow, I'm supposed to ignore my mate if he's there and seduce Alpha Lloyd." With those words rather than the pain of the beating, more tears come.

"Please, Shelly, just think what life will be like if any of my sisters become luna?" The terrified look on Shelly's face was all Amy needed to see. "They will torment you until you die if they gain that power. You need to let the alphas know what they are planning."

Shelly finally nods and helps her friend get dressed in clothes that won't hurt her before leaving.

She gets to the Alpha's door but is turned away by the guard. He wouldn't even let her say anything. "The alphas have ordered to not be disturbed. Move along, you can talk to them later if you still need to. Now move along or find yourself in the cells."

Shelly leaves with tears in her eyes. If her friend is killed because the guard didn't let her talk to the alphas then she hopes that he joins in her punishment