58

Although they are all still very tired they are much more content and calm than any of them had been for more than three months. As they make their way towards the dining hall they are stopped by a messenger from the front entrance and Lady Selena.

"You will need to allow this one entrance. He will cause no harm. His goddess has bargained hard for this permission and he will behave himself." Selena is shortly joined by Hecate.

"I think that we'd better go to the office and have Anastasia and her mates join us." Sky says thoughtfully.

Kacey tells the messenger to allow the guest in and then sends others to find the knights and Anastasia and her mates. The eyes of the messengers are more than a little wide since they too had heard who is waiting to see the alphas and Luna Sky.

Selena and Hecate follow them into the room and shortly their visitor arrives as well.

Sky had heard what the visitor was but she's a bit confused.

She's even more confused at what he says when he enters the room.

"My queen," then he goes to her and kneels before here or at least that's what he tries to do but all her knights and most of her mates do their best to block him.

Selena takes action before Sky can say anything. "He will not harm her. His goddess has bargained dearly for this right. Let him pass." Her knights and mates reluctantly move so that the male might make his way to Sky.

Sky looks on confused, "I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are."

The male looks up at her and smiles softly, "I am a vampire, but more than that I am Alexander, king of the vampires."

Now Sky is very confused. Like werewolves she had heard about vampires. She knows that they are very popular in movies, books and she thinks television shows as well, but she hasn't heard much about them. What she had makes her very confused now.

"I had no idea that vampires were real as well." That was directed to Kacey and he had remained behind his desk but stayed standing and tense.

"Vampires are few and I have not allowed any near here before. I didn't think that you would need to learn of them any time soon for that reason." Kacey tells her and she detects a great deal of tension in him as he does so.

Sky turns back to the one now kneeling before her. "Why are you here, King Alexander?" Sky can feel his disdain and is less than thrilled about it. Once he stands up she walks around him looking him over. The others are watching her with amusement but watch Alexander even closer.

"Why are you here, Alexander? I can feel the contempt you have for the shifters, and even more for me." Sky taunts him as she runs her hand over his body. Her mates don't like that at all and she has to look at them to shush them.

When Alexander doesn't answer her she grabs his throat and presses her now wolf nails into his skin. He stops the move he had made towards her as her nails start bringing blood.

"I don't like repeating myself, Alexander." Kacey is smirking at Sky's irritable tone. He and the other males are smirking at the discomfort of the vampire king.

"Ah, Sky, you might want to ease up a bit so that he can speak," Anastasia cautions her.

"Quite right, Anastasia."

"My goddess required that I come here." Alexander finally replies. His estimation of the female wolf had risen considerably.

Sky is still rather unimpressed and waits for him to continue. "I was told to come here and become your knight. I was told to get permission to bring my people here so that they will have the safety they need to bring our numbers back up. It has been too dangerous for some time and we've lost many people to those damn hunters."