33

Dinner was quiet. There were speculative looks directed at Sky throughout the meal, but they were thoughtful rather than hateful. There were even many of approval among the pack. The members from the other pack all send her grateful some even worshipful looks.

Sky could do without the worship, but understands them and the grateful looks she's been receiving. She's just glad that there weren't any openly hostile looks thrown her way. She knows that not all the pack is behind her yet, but at least they are no longer actively against her. At least not openly.

They are just finishing up when a guard comes and whispers to Kacey and Sky hears only some of the message.

Sky watches Kacey's face to see if the message is a good one or a bad one. When the guard leaves Sky turns her full attention to Kacey and waits for him to tell her what is going on. She's not the only one, the other brothers that are there are watching Kacey as well and so are several of the pack.

Kacey speaks low enough that his brothers and Sky are the only ones to hear the words. "It seems that there are a group of people, shifters, waiting at the border wishing to speak to the alphas and the luna that they helped to save."

Sky looks slightly confused but the four brothers do their best to hide their feelings.

Sky looks patiently to Kacey to explain, "They are the ones to help us retrieve you without any loss of life on our part or the pack that helped us. It can only be the cat shifters. They wouldn't leave their territory and roam so far from home without a very good reason."

Sky nods apprehensively. She knows that all the other shifters had been called here by the moon goddess but if they have a good territory they wouldn't come all that willingly. They definitely would have come already prepared with permission from the alphas if they had.

The alphas stand up and Kacey extends a hand to help Sky. Leroy moves her chair in once she stands out of the way and they quickly leave the dining room. The whispers and muttering starts up as soon as they leave the room.

They stand silently waiting in front of the door to the pack house when the bedraggled group comes before them. 

Sky can tell one of them is her newest knight but isn't sure just yet which one it is. She frowns upset at how worn and bedraggled they appear and how few.

One comes forward and kneels at her feet. "My queen."

Sky smiles down at him sadly as she notices the blood and healing wounds he wears.

The others watch, the alphas with a resigned look and soft sighs and the others still a bit shocky and uncomprehending of what is going on.

"Shh, no need to call me that, if you must use a title then use Luna but I'd prefer Sky." Sky says to the man and helps him to his feet then turns her attention to the other exhausted members of the group. "But all other formalities will wait until you all come in. I'm sure that the alphas would like to talk to the leaders, but the others will be given food and refreshments and rooms prepared. Any healing that will need to be done will be seen to as well."

"My queen, please, don't send me away." The man she raised tells her almost pleads with her.

Sky smile and shakes her head. "No, my knight you will be joining us in the study."

At her words the Alphas nod and make the group welcome as they move out of the way of the door.

Sky isn't the only one angry at what she sees. Even the children are hurt, and there aren't that many children or females even.

Once they are taken care of the leaders seem to deflate slightly then follow the alphas into the study. They are still getting settled when a servant knocks and brings in food and refreshments for the leaders.