52

As they finish their evening and are about to return to the pack house the alarm the witches set up goes off. They are less than a mile from it and so they both move towards the alarm.

Suddenly they are surrounded by enemy wolves. Sky fights hard and so do her knights and Ellis. As their pack members come up they are taking down the last of the wolves.

She heard someone come up behind her and twists around to the new threat. She gives a low warning growl at the wolf there. He lowers himself down in submission, but Sky can tell that he didn't like doing it. It was one of the elite guard, those most trusted by Kacey and the other alphas.

Sky turns back to her human form before she starts talking, "What were you doing sneaking up behind me?"

"I was coming to help my luna," The wolf replies rather quickly, but the words taste of lies.

"I didn't need help. Now help take the survivors back to the cells, the alphas will be questioning them later." Sky orders him.

The wolf nods and moves to obey, but Sky could tell that he wasn't happy about it.

Ellis comes over to her, "Keep an eye on that one," Sky  motions to the wolf that tried to get behind her. "He didn't like submitting to me and when I ordered him to tell me what he was doing behind me he lied."

Ellis would normally just scoff at that but with the words Kacey told him earlier that day ringing in his ears he marks the wolf. "I will, Sky." He won't be the only one either. Some of the other elite fighters that came acted more like they were helping the enemy attack than stopping it.

"Where's Wyatt? I fully expected him to respond to the threat. He's been fully healed by now." Sky asks as they return to the pack house.

"Kacey kept him to the infirmary for one more day. After carrying you last night he hurt himself and so they are keeping him there to make sure he does himself no further injury." Ellis replies a little distractedly to Sky. That attack wasn't large and it was not heading towards any of the pack houses, but was heading towards where he and Sky had been having their date. There are most definitely traitors among their people. Ones among the elite. He will most definitely keep an eye on the one that came up behind Sky.

Before they got to where the guards would separate to take the survivors to the cells Ellis leaves Sky to talk to the head warrior. The other wolves hadn't notices that Sky was still there since she blends into the night fairly easily and she heard something she wishes she didn't.

"I thought Wyatt was going to help us take that bitch down?"

Sky wants to cry out in pain from the thought of Wyatt being willing to betray her like that. "He would have, but the alphas ordered him to stay in the infirmary and even put guards on his doors." That was from the wolf that tried to sneak up behind her to one of the angry wolves that survived the attack.

"Just how long will we be stuck in that cell?" The enemy wolf demands.

"I'll work on getting you all free as soon as possible, but I can't be too obvious or I'll blow my cover. The Luna already is suspicious of me." The traitor replies.

The other wolf snorts, "So? She's just a female bitch."

The traitor looks at him in disbelief, "You do realize that about half of the deaths of you guys was from my luna, right? I told them that they would need a larger group to take her down and they didn't listen, now more than five of you are dead, three more aren't likely to make it and they are the lucky ones. If I'm not able to get you out you will be wishing you were dead."

"Then you damn well better get us out of here tonight." The other wolf growls out to the traitor.

"I will try, but no promises." The traitor replies before they come to the cells.