37

The last week has been crazy getting everyone situated. Fortunately the other pack was in far better shape than the Cummings pack had been. It didn't take nearly as long for the alphas to integrate them into their pack. 

Sky was busy herself making sure all the new comers were made to feel welcome and were properly housed and cared for. She made sure that the children weren't lost through the cracks. There were far too many children that were now orphans, especially among those that were freed.

Of the females that were pregnant, there were many that had given birth. Happily they weren't all children of rape.

Those that are will be raised in the orphanage. Some of the mothers aren't sure if they will be able to look at the child and not see the horror of their time with the hunters. Sky will be taking them as guards once they are old enough.

There is good reason for the orphanage to be built as soon as possible. The workers and even some of the pack members all work long hours to get the new orphanage built. 

Sky makes her last inspection of the building one week to the day of the fight.

She was pleasantly surprised at the shape of the orphanage of the other pack. She was able to pass it off in inspection. Kacey will be using it for visiting packs and over flows for parties and what not.

Sky smiles, the building is perfect. She gives the go ahead and fills out the paperwork. Chang takes it and will file it. The workers start moving in the furniture and living items that are necessary. Sky had decided that the children won't move in until the next day to make sure that everything is correctly done.

It is late by the time everything is to her specifications and Chang had long since returned to help out.

Sky along with her newest knights, there are three of them, one of them a bear, his name is James, one of them an eagle, his name is Blaise, the last of her newest ones and the one that talked to her after the battle is one of the snake men a rather nasty poisonous snake that is remarkably hard to see no matter the location. His name is Henry. Her knights escort her back to the pack house and they get there just in time for dinner.

She comes in and faces the pack, now considerably swollen in size. She smiles, "I am happy to announce that with the excellent help of many in the pack and the tireless work of so many that the new orphanage is ready. Tomorrow morning all those designated to work in the orphanage will help to relocate the children and their clothing to the new location. Everything else is ready and waiting."

There are cheers heard throughout the pack at this announcement. 

Sky looks to Kacey and hides her feelings. Once more he won't even look at her. She's about had it with his bullshit.

Things have calmed down. If he and the other alphas don't start at least talking to her she won't be staying there much longer. She won't be disrespected by any and she sure as hell won't stick around those that don't want her.

So much for the mates being overprotective and territorial over their mates. She's seen even the weakest of the pack members be more caring and protective of their mates then the alphas.

Sky walks into the office and finds Kacey backing away from a female, but it's also obvious that he isn't trying too hard to keep his distance. He is also alone with her. He broke one of the rules. Sky is furious. She intercepts the females hand before she can touch Kacey. With her other hand she takes the females neck. The female wolf holds still and her words stop before leaving her mouth.

"Sky, wait! You can't kill her." Kacey tells her and places his hand on her arm.

Sky turns her furious gaze onto her supposed mate. "Why is that Kacey?"

"She's a gift from another mafia."

"I'm to be his mistress. My father the alpha and mafia boss sent me." The female says with a smirk that turns sickly as Sky tightens her grip and allows her hands to turn to that of a wolf.

"She's wolf and so is her father. He knows what it means to have your true mate and have marked them. Tell me, Kacey, what is the difference from him sending you a gift to attempt to kill me and that of the alpha daughter bitch that we declared war on the pack? Why is it an act of war with one and not the other?"

Sky doesn't wait for him to speak she turns her attention to go to the bitch she has by the neck. "I wouldn't be so happy and excited to be sent to be a whore to another male. The fact that your father was so willing to turn you into a whore as an insult to this pack and their alphas tells me that your father doesn't think much of you or the alphas."

She turns to Kacey, "You need to make a choice right now. Do you want her or do you want me? If you choose her then I'll let her go and reject you. I'll reject those brothers that want to stay here, but those that wish to leave with me I'll keep. You'll never have to see me again. You'll never hear from me again. My knights will continue serving me and doing their duty but they won't tell you anything about me.

"You need to make your decision now!"

"I choose you, Sky." Kacey says defeatedly.

"Do you really?" Sky says wonderingly. "Prove it. You've more than shown me that you want nothing to do with me."

"How can  I prove it to you?" Kacey is almost desperate.

"I don't know, Kacey, how can you prove it to me?"

Kacey looks at her helplessly before going to the phone.  Picking it up he makes a call. "What the fuck were you doing being alone in the room with this bitch? You know the rules about me being here."

Kacey puts the call on hold as he looks at Sky, "I had a guard in here and she sent him out."

"Then you should have called for me or another guard. Why the hell did you allow the bitch to order your guard around?" Sky demands of him.

"She didn't exactly ask my permission before she did it. I was too shocked to say anything before he left."

"Then why the hell didn't you call me and another guard in? Why didn't you call in one of your brothers?"

"She started pursuing me and I couldn't get to the door." Kacey tries to tell her.

"Right." Sky scoffs in disbelief.

Seamus and Chang come in. Sky looks from them to Kacey. "Take Miss Delouise to the cells please.

The two knights look to Sky to make sure that she's okay with them doing so. She nods but she is less than pleased by what's going on.

It doesn't take them long to take the astounded female out of the room. 

As the door closes once more Kacey returns to the phone call. "Alpha Delouise," Kacey says once the call is answered.

"Ah Alpha Kacey Legrand. I guess you've received my little gift? Does she please you?" Kacey can hear his amusement. He knew damn well what this gift would mean. Sky was right, it was an act of war.