27

Sky looks at the outside condition of the building the children were housed in and she isn't pleased. It looks barely stable, the roof is remarkably intact from what she can see but the rest leaves a lot to be desired.

They let themselves into the building and the smell makes her furious. Urine and feces likely from unchanged diapers from the youngest of the pups or from garbage not dealt with. Either way it is unacceptable. 

There are no adults to greet them and the children look scared to see the grownups especially one of the alphas. The children do their best to hide from them and it makes Sky's heart hurt and it ignites a fire of fury inside her.

They hear sounds of flesh being hit and a child's cry of pain and that makes Sky take off in the direction of the sound. What Sky sees makes her blood boil. A child no older than six at most is on the floor his back covered in red markings from the beating he's receiving from the female holding a rod and hitting him.

The female doesn't hear or notice the three adults entering the room and so she is rather shocked that the rod doesn't fall once more like she had started to strike with.

Only then does she look away from her victim quivering on the floor and notice that the luna holds the rod and keeps her from hitting the child. Then she notices Alpha Ellis and Wyatt as well.

Only after the female stops trying to fight the luna to whip the boy does Sky take her eyes off the female and look around. There are at least three more adults in this room and they are all avidly watching the punishment. There are also several children that are silently crying already and hunching in on themselves or are watching in horror. They seemed to be lined up and waiting for their turn.

"What is the meaning of this Alpha Ellis?" The female demands. She doesn't recognize the luna.

"I have a better question for you Ellis, who is this bitch?" Sky asks her shocked mate.

"She is the headmistress of the orphanage, Claire Monteblanc." Ellis tells her starting to regain his composure. He feels that the female won't be headmistress for long. From the state of things he doesn't think any of the workers will be remaining in the orphanage for much longer.

"Call Kacey and tell him that the children need medical care and more so I'll be moving them to the pack house for now. I'll be talking to him about the state of the orphanage once I finish my tour, but so far I'm less than pleased and from what I've seen I doubt the building will be salvageable."

Ellis isn't exactly happy to hear this but as long as her ire isn't turned on him he's good. He calls Kacey are repeats her message to him. 

Before he hangs up he asks Sky, "Any thing else, Sky?"

"Yeah, are there security videos in here?"

"Yes," Ellis replies and doesn't like the nasty look Sky has at his words.

"Then I'll need or better yet, you alphas will be reviewing them with me to see just how much abuse has been going on here. This bitch and the other caregivers will need to be taken into custody until I can determine just how badly they'll need to be punished. Kacey will also need to assign other females to help in the care of the little ones. I want this building empty in less than an hour. From the looks of the clothes, there will be no use saving them. They will all need new clothes from the pack stores. You might need to have some of the maids go shopping for all sizes in both male and female clothing."

Ellis doesn't dare demure when he sees the look in Sky's eye as she takes in the ragged appearance of the children. The absolute fury of what she's feeling can be felt and he most definitely doesn't want that turned on him.