59

Sky is looking out from the top of the cliff where Ellis had taken her for their date. A week, a full week since the vampires had come. A full week since any of her mates including Wyatt have spoken to her or even looked at her when she was in the room. That was insult enough but she has watched them and seen them follow other females as they walked across the room. They don't know that she has seen the security videos and so knows exactly who they've been flirting with. 

The only reason she hasn't killed any of them yet is because they haven't touched or tried to kiss her mates. That's the same reason her mates still live as well. She isn't all that shocked by how the alphas are acting, but she is by Wyatt. That has hurt her the worse.

His side chick she doesn't believe knows that Wyatt is hers and she fully intends on letting her know before she pushes Sky into killing her for Wyatt's games.

Unnoticed by her a tear is falling. 

"Sky," the voice has her stiffening up in shock. For two reasons, the first being that she hadn't heard any one come up and the second because he hasn't acknowledged her existence since the vampires bound themselves to her.

Sky turns to Kacey and finds not just him but all her mates arranged behind him in a half circle. "You are talking to me?" Her disbelief couldn't be hidden and makes all of them wince and the twins to look down in shame.

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" Kacey tries to lighten things up, but knows that he failed.

"Oh, I don't know, perhaps because from the time the vampires bound themselves to me you haven't recognized my existence. None of you." Sky makes sure that the last remark was pointed enough that Wyatt knew it was aimed at him. He looks away from Sky but that is all.

Sky smiles a rather nasty smile as Alexander and her guards Grey and Drey show up and flank her. Anastasia with a young wolf with her also come to her side.

"Luna, you have summoned me? Have I done something wrong?" There is no little fear in her voice. She has a great deal of respect for her luna but also fears her a great deal.

"No, Philomena, at least not yet and what is there isn't your fault." Sky says and moves so that she sees Wyatt along with the other alphas.

"Wyatt! I didn't see you there." There is a great deal of happiness in the girls voice at seeing her potential lover.

Wyatt hides the fear that now takes over his eyes but not before Sky sees it. She smiles once more rather nastily.

"Mena, I called you here to protect you. I hadn't meant to make this a large audience but my mates decided to actually look for me for the first time in a week."

The girl is confused, she knew, everyone knew that Sky was mates with the alphas so she didn't understand why she ignored Wyatt.

"Wyatt, shame on you for failing to tell your would be lover the truth. You would really have gotten her killed without her knowing why?" Sky shames her mate and confuses the girl even more.

"You will show her, Wyatt, she deserves to know the truth before she does something that will get her killed." Sky chides her reluctant mate.

Sky hurt by his actions more than the alphas allows that pain to come forth as she whips the order out like a whip. "You will show her now!" She allows her power out enough that he can no longer ignore it and shows his mate mark that Sky had given him.

"I don't understand. I didn't know that Wyatt was mated, I swear Luna." There is no little fear in the young wolf now and it makes Wyatt look down in shame where his actions to his mate had not.

"It's alright. If I had thought that you had you would be dead by now." Sky reassures the frightened wolf.

"Who is his mate and I'll apologize to her right away." Philomena says earnestly with tears in her eyes.

Sky shows the matching mate mark on her body and the girl falls down in tears. Sky kneels down by her and whispers something in her ear as she gathers the girl to her. By the time she's done the girl wipes her tears and nods. She goes to Anastasia. Anastasia pulls the girl to her side and holds her as she returns her to the main pack house.

Sky turns her attention to her mates. "I expected this from the alphas. I was never convinced that they cared for me." There is a great deal of self contempt in her voice, "But I hadn't expected it from the one that had always had my back. The one that I sacrificed a great deal to save." The bitterness comes out heavy and deep. "I should have just left you to die at the hands of the hunters. That would have been far less painful."

Sky takes a deep breath and none of her mates dare to speak. If she had seen Wyatt with his side piece then she had definitely seen them with theirs.

"From the first I was sure that your wolves were the ones that wanted me and you only tolerated me. Don't worry, I won't remain much longer. You have made it abundantly clear that you don't wish for me to remain as your mate. Alexander has assured me that the babies will be here sometime between two weeks and four. At that time, if I survive childbirth, I will return and give the official rejection. The grounds being mental pain from abandonment and unspoken rejection. You will at that time give oath to me and it will be bound by blood since I no longer trust any of you shits."

By then Anastasia is there and takes her and her vampire guard away from her mates. They stop just long enough for Sky to grab what she is intending to take including her jewels before they leave. Her knights have also packed as have all those that are having children by them, all those that are blood bound to Sky directly, most of the shifters that aren't wolf and many that are. Almost all the witchlings.

Before they leave Brandon finds them with tears in his eyes. "You are leaving?"

Sky kneels before him and hugs him to her tight. "I would take you if I could, Brandon, you know that. But you belong to your father and he no longer wants me."

"He doesn't want me either. Take me with you, Sky, please mother?" Brandon pleads with tears in his eyes.

"I want to more than I can say, but should I take you then your father would have grounds to declare war on me. That will undo everything that I have worked for on behalf of Lady Selena. You are welcome to visit. The same spell that was used for your protection remains. Any that wish to find me, if they are without malice or intent to harm me or those with me they will be brought to me. Once your sibling is born you will need to spend time with them, okay?"

Brandon nods but at the thought of being a big brother and being able to see the baby makes him smile. "But won't my father try to take my sibling away?"

Sky smiles a very dark and nasty smile at that. "He won't be able to. The babies are mine. Your father and uncles have chosen to reject me, they will have no more children. They will never have another mate. Their blood will be cleansed from the babies."

"I don't understand," Brandon says confusion clear on his face.

"Don't worry, your father and uncles will, but you are safe, I bargained for your safety." Sky assures him and gives him one last hug and kiss on his forehead before giving him one last smile before leaving.

Brandon in that moment hates his father like he never has before and refuses to have anything to do with him. Not that Leroy noticed much.