8

The alphas wait for the majority of the pack to arrive before escorting Sky towards the dais where they would stand to make their announcement.

Sky nervously wipes her hands on her pants. This was way worse than trying to psych herself up for coming here. She's unable to psych herself up not even the nearness of the alphas helps. Of course that might have worked better if they had put on shirts before coming before their pack. 

They had assured her that the pack wouldn't think anything of it, but Sky could tell that the females would appreciate it. They would appreciate it far more than Sky is happy about.  She isn't happy about it, but she doesn't want to make problems already. She'll just have to talk to them about it later.

Finally they urge her to go forward as they go towards the dais. They keep her from stumbling on the steps but just barely. She wishes that she was wearing something other than the slippers Tandy got for her to wear since her only pair of shoes were sopping wet still and wouldn't dry until tomorrow if she was lucky.

Finally they are all facing the crowd. Slowly the noise that was there slowed down as her appearance was seen. Then another batch of murmuring started up. More than once she heard from females say just who the hell the whore was up with their alphas.

She looks and doesn't see any reactions from her so called mates. This just makes her pissed. It's already going more or less like she thought it would. She had hoped that her mates would take a more active part in stopping the nasty talk, but it seems that they won't. This isn't going in their favor and if it keeps up she won't be staying past the next night.

Finally Kacey raises his hands to quiet people down and immediately the murmuring dies down to almost no sound.

"Thank you. I know that it is unusual for us to call a meeting at this time of day, but today is an unusual day. I'm sure that you've noticed the new face that is up here with us. This is Sky," Kacey says and has her come forward so that the rest of the pack can see her better.

"She is our mate and our luna. I and my brothers will expect you all to give her the respect she deserves."

"This human whore is the mates to all of them?" Sky could hear clearly from one of the females in the front row.

Sky becomes furious. Especially when she sees that the female is pregnant.

She turns to Kacey and whispers, "Am I allowed to speak to them? Will you back me in what I say if I am?"

"You are their luna, of course you can speak to them. As long as you don't plan on punishing them without talking to us first we will back you." Kacey tells her just as softly.

"Yeah, like you have so far?" Sky says sarcastically before turning back to face the pack.

"Yes, I am human. Until today I had no idea that werewolves even existed. I see that wolves have no more manners than humans do. As for me being a whore, that's just plain slander and if I hear it again you will be disrespecting me. I do believe that there are punishments for those that disrespect the luna and through her the alphas. Just don't do it again. I am in fact a virgin, not that it's any of your business. But just because you open your legs for others not your mate doesn't mean we all do."

The female is alternately white then red as Sky's words make themselves understood.

Immediately there is more whispering among the wolves at how their luna talked to one of their own.

"I hope that we can become friends. If that isn't possible then at least respect me since I am the mate to all five of the alphas. Not one of you could be more shocked than I was when I was informed of that. I didn't come here for that reason and hadn't planned on staying here for long. Now, it looks like I'll be staying.