13

"I'm sorry you had to see that, Sky." Kacey says once he's through with the wolf and goes back to her side.

"No, it was better that you did do something than let it go once more. Thank you for standing up for me." Sky gives him a weak smile. So many of his pack were against her being here. She just doesn't see how she could ever live here and feel safe.

As females come up to them Lloyd and Floyd start growling lowly. "We look forward to tonight, alphas, will you save us dances?" One of the girls says and bats her eyelashes trying to look coquettish and failing miserably.

"Glad you are looking forward to the party. We hope you find your mates there. No, we won't save any dances for anyone other than our mate, you know your luna that you are disrespecting by ignoring her and trying to make plans with us?" Ellis says nastily to the now frightened females as Floyd and Lloyd start growling even louder.

Sky bends down and hugs them to her, she doesn't want them to attack the females there. Immediately they calm down. Those that witness the act open their eyes wide in shock. The female is actually touching them and hugging them and they are letting her. They give the human new looks of respect and reevaluate things.

Finally the group makes it up to their table and they start eating. Sky finds that she doesn't have much of an appetite and so doesn't eat much.

"Aren't you hungry Sky?" Leroy and says frowning at how little she has eaten.

"I was earlier, but after the reception of your pack I lost my desire to eat." Sky says while shrugging and playing with her food.

The alphas give each other worried looks and Kacey is more than a little angry. This needs to stop and it wouldn't ever have been this bad if they had stood up for Sky to begin with. If things go on like this she will be leaving them in the morning.

It doesn't take the others long to finish their food. After Sky told them what she did they just couldn't eat much more. They escort her from the room and then turn her over to Wyatt. "You are free to look over the entire house as it will hopefully be your new home. Just not the private quarters. If there are any questions Wyatt should be able to answer them for you. Perhaps the storm will be completely gone by tomorrow and we'll be able to show you the gardens then?"

"Thank you, Kacey, I'm sure that they are lovely. I don't want to keep you from your important business. I have no doubt that Wy will be able to help me if I need it. I'll see you guys later." Sky says and kisses them all before they turn and head off to the study. They are determined to get the work done quickly so that they can spend some time with Sky before the party. They have a bad feeling that something will be happening soon.

"Sky, is there any place in particular that you would like to see?" Wyatt asks her softly.

"No, I have no idea what there is in the house. Is there someplace quiet that I won't likely be interrupted where I can just sit and think?"

"Hmm, most of the common rooms of the house have pack members coming and going constantly. Especially the game room and entertainment rooms." Wyatt stops to think a bit more. "There is the library, it's quiet and not used much. Most of the pack prefers the other entertainments to reading and since the alphas often use the library for research or extra office space if it's needed pack members do their best to stay away from there. Will that do?" Wyatt asks her softly. He can tell that something is bothering her. 

"Yeah, that should work just fine." Sky answers absently as she follows Wyatt down the unfamiliar walkways. Wyatt does his best to let her know about the house as they walk but as she doesn't respond he just lets his words trail off.

"Here, Sky, I'll make sure that the fireplace is lit before I leave, okay?" Wyatt says wanting to help her but deciding she just wants to be alone at this time.

"Please don't go. I'm sorry that I've been poor company. I just have a really bad feeling that something will go terribly wrong tonight.

"Wyatt, I asked you before, but do you have a mate?"

Wyatt smiles sadly, "I do, but she doesn't know it."

"Tell me about her, why haven't you said anything to her?"

"She's human and already has several males buzzing around her." Wyatt says before turning to the unlit fireplace. He lights it then turns back to her with a weak smile.

"Tell me about her. Is she pretty?"

"She's the most beautiful person I've ever seen. She's been hurt a lot in her life and is more than a little socially awkward. She's quiet at first but can be a spit fire. She's loyal and willing to fight for those that need help."

Sky smiles softly, "Sounds like a really nice person. I think that I would really like her."

Sky jumps as she hears someone chuckle behind her. "He was talking about you Sky." Ellis says and she turns around with her hand over her heart. 

"You scared the shit out of me, Ellis. What do you mean he was talking about me?"

"You are his mate, or at least he believes you are. There is one simple way to find out if it's true or not." Ellis turns to Wyatt.

"You can kiss her. If she is your mate then it won't hurt me and if she isn't then you'll likely have my brothers down here to kill you." Ellis says with a wicked smile on his face.

"Ellis, that isn't nice. They would kill him and you know it. He's one of two people that have fully welcomed me here. I don't want him hurt."

"It's alright, Sky. With your permission, I would like to kiss you. I'm sure that you are my mate even though you already have five."

"Who is your father, Wyatt?" Ellis demands as Sky thinks about it.

"I don't know. My mother was punished by your father. He was kind enough to make sure she was drugged so we don't know who the father was. I have never wanted to know enough to find out."

"Kiss Sky, if she is indeed your mate then we'll have to test you to see if you are our brother. I didn't think father had any other children, but there's that possibility."

"Sky, are you willing? I have to say it's been driving my wolf crazy being near you and not kissing you or touching you."

"If you are sure. I don't want you hurt by the others."

"I'll protect him until it's explained to them. I promise, Sky, he won't be hurt." Ellis reassures her.

Sky still isn't convinced, but she has to admit to herself that she has wanted to kiss Wyatt as well. When their lips meet its just as good as when she kisses the others.

Once they break apart, Ellis says rather drily, "Well, I guess you have six mates, Sky. Now, might I have the pleasure of kissing you as well?"

Ellis had enjoyed watching Wyatt kissing his mate which tells him more than anything else has that Wyatt is in fact her mate as well.

"Oh that was nice, thank you, Sky." Ellis says smiling brightly.

"Both of you come with me, the meeting is over and we need to talk to the others so that Wyatt is fully accepted as another mate and not killed by the others." Ellis says holding back the chuckles he wants to let loose at the expected reactions of the others.