30

Sky hadn't thought it possible to be even more angry than when she saw the state of the Legrand orphanage. Then she saw the state of the Cummings orphanage. She was beyond furious. "Ellis, call Kacey have him send over medical personnel, vehicles to transport the children in and food. It looks like they aren't just beaten on a daily basis but damn near starved to death as well."

Even Ellis and the other two were sickened by the state the children were in. Ellis doesn't hesitate and he makes sure that Kacey knows just how urgent it is. By the time he's done Kacey has already started assembling  people to get the children. He has also ordered clothes to be sent to their rooms so that they will be able to get cleaned up. He isn't looking forward to when Sky will be returning.

Ellis has the caretakers taken into custody until he and Sky will determine their punishment for what they've done. 

When Sky finds out that more than five of the children had died in the last two months from neglect, malnourishment and abuse none of the males wanted to be around her. They were afraid that she would explode.

Sky has all the children removed from the building and whatever bedding was still usable was used to wrap them in. Most of them were wearing threadbare rags if that. The babies were all screaming from neglect and Sky sent people off to look for food the babies could eat. She also ordered broth for the children. Later if they can handle it she will have them eat sandwiches.

Once the children are outside she has guards set around them so they don't go wandering off. Once she's sure that they won't by leaving Wyatt behind to guard the door, she and the others go in and immediately Sky knows that the building will be demolished. She sees holes in the floor they are walking on and in the ceiling. She can see the dormitory from the front room. Plaster is falling down all over and is decorated with what she guesses is old dried blood in all the rooms.

She can see blood caught in the floor boards in some of the rooms as well. She's not even sure that she wants to climb the stairs to get to the dormitories. The stairs creak alarmingly as she sets her weight on them. The other two wait until she reaches the top before attempting to do the same. When Ellis steps on them one of them steps give way. He almost gets caught by the jagged wood.

Ellis looks at Sky and doesn't like what he sees.

He hurries up to her and although the stairs groan they hold up.

Then Chang starts up them. He manages to avoid the broken stair and no further mishaps befall the group.

The bathroom is disgusting with mold and rust over all the faucets. 

With the garbage full to over flowing Sky has seen enough.

"Condemn this building. Demolish it as soon as possible. If you can't find another company then when the one coming for the orphanage at Legrand is done then I'll send it over here. Until then this building is a safety and health hazard. No one can enter in. Perhaps you can use the wood for a bonfire, but the rest must go."

Ellis nods his head not saying anything else. He can't imagine anyone living in such deplorable conditions. He thinks the alpha was lucky Sky hadn't seen the conditions of the orphanage or what the orphans go through first.

"Will you be alright here without me?"

Ellis nods hesitantly. "I'll work with the old beta and go over everything. It will take days just to go over how the businesses were doing and the safety of the pack."

"I'll have some clothes sent over and some of our guards as well. Will you be wanting anything else?"

"See if Kacey can spare one of the brothers. Another Alpha going over everything will help so I will also be able to deal with the people. I'll send over the single females, not sure about the others. I'll need to evaluate their soldiers to see if any of them are up to par. If not then I'll need to deal with that as well."

"What is the land like around here?" Sky asks. The Legrand pack has a lot of acreage but it's mostly forest.

"They have forest of course, but they also have some mountains and cliffs. Those cliffs have caves riddling them all over from the top to the bottom."

"Excellent." Sky says and smiles for the first time since she'd seen the condition of the pack. Ellis isn't sure why she's smiling but hopes that it's a good sign.

Sky looks over the condition of the pack house next and sniffs in disdain. She has Ellis take more notes on what needs to be fixed. 

She sees bruising on some of the females. She talks to them quietly and finds out that some of them have abusive mates. She talks to them about possibly rejecting their mates and coming over to the Legrand pack house rather than staying there.

The females look at her like they've never even thought of rejecting their mates.

Some of them nod hesitantly and their mates are brought to them. The females reject their mates and blink as the pain isn't near what they are now used to from the abuse. The males on the other hand fall down in pain. One doesn't survive the shock of the rejection.

Sky tells the Beta to deal with the body. Without a word the beta and some guards pick the body up and take it to wherever the old alpha and his daughter's body were taken.

"Single females will be welcome to come to the Legrand pack house. There you will be given a place to live until you decide otherwise. We'll find jobs for you either in the pack or with one of the alpha companies. Alpha Ellis will answer any questions you might have." Sky tells the females before leaving the notes she took with Ellis and leaving him some last words. 

"I don't envy you this job. This pack is a mess, how is it that no one has dealt with them before this?"

"That's most likely our fault. They were our allies and so no one would fuck with them because then we'd fuck them right back and destroy them. But I swear Sky, we had no idea it was this bad over here."

"And if you had known?" Sky demands.

"Without declaring war there was nothing we could have done. Had we done that without cause our allies wouldn't have trusted us and then everyone would have gone against us."

Sky presses her lips together in anger. They couldn't have done anything before, but just how many children and teens were killed or harmed because of that?

"Tell me, are the other packs so damn nasty?"

"No, most of them are in good shape. But I'm not sure on the other pack that shares this island. But without a reason we can't even go look at their pack, let alone do anything about it." Ellis says just as frustrated as Sky.

"I'll figure something out. Good luck with the pack." Sky tells him before collecting Wyatt and Chang.

Ellis laughs bitterly as he watches his mate leave him with this mess.