19

Sky, Tandy and Wyatt leave the room behind. Sky doesn't even look back as the doors to the ballroom close behind them. Their bags are waiting by the front door. She goes to lift hers up. Wyatt allows her to take her back pack but takes her suitcase along with his own luggage. Tandy doesn't have much more than Sky and is easily able to carry her own luggage.

The three go out the front door and start down the yard to the street below. "We could wait until the cab comes." Wyatt tries to get Sky to wait.

"No, the bridge isn't open to vehicular travel just yet, but it is to pedestrian crossings." Sky says not even looking at Wyatt or at the house she's leaving behind. "We can take a cab once we get on the other side of the bridge. I have reservations at a hotel until we can fly out tomorrow morning."

"Sky, how do we have tickets for a plane?" Tandy asks keeping up with Sky.

It isn't Sky that speaks, but Wyatt. "I made the hotel reservations and bought the tickets. I had to change the one Sky had to be on the same flight as us."

With those words Sky stops and faces Wyatt. "I didn't know that. How much do I owe you?" Sky sighs internally. She hadn't thought of how things would go now. She hadn't realized how expensive it will be to have them with her.

"I was given money to make sure that you are taken care of Sky. I am your mate and it is my responsibility." Wyatt tells her softly.

Sky sniffs rather loudly. "Yeah they were my mates as well and you saw for yourself how they took that responsibility." Sky starts walking once more. Soon they come into sight of the bridge.

"Sky, they were given a spiked drink. A drink spiked with a potion that breaks bonds. It's highly illegal because of what it does. Last night  anything that has to do with you was blocked. You felt and saw the difference from before the potion to when it started working. The ones responsible will be dealt with, I think that they will be dealt with rather bloodily. That was the reason the children were sent out of the room."

"What, you mean there is magic as well?" Sky says disbelievingly.

"Yes, there are witches that use spells and potions. It was a witch that made the potion that was used on the alphas."

Tandy breaks in her face pale and horrified. "Someone in the pack dared to use one of the black magic potions? That would explain about last night. I couldn't understand how the alphas would do that to Sky. They've been so excited to have her be there. It just didn't match up to before. I've never known the alphas to be hypocrites before."

"Doesn't matter. What's done is done. Other than you two I'll be having nothing more to do with the werewolf world."

"Don't be too sure, Sky. We'll need to be careful. You should be safe enough but there are rogue wolves as well as the pack wolves. As long as the alphas cleared us we'll be left alone from the pack wolves, but we'll need to be careful of the rogue wolves."

"Why? Wouldn't you and Tandy be like rogue wolves? You are no longer in a pack having followed me." Sky questions Wyatt.

Wyatt shakes his head but answers realizing that Sky wouldn't have seen him since she is walking slightly in front of him. "No, you are my alpha so you are my pack."

"I'm not an alpha." Sky says flatly and continues walking even faster than before.

Tandy and Wyatt are easily able to keep up with her. They find the bridge flat and easy to walk over. The storm is far from over and the rain lashes them, not as strong as the day Sky came. How her world changed since she first came here. 

The wind picks up and is freezing cold with the rain that lashes them. Waves become stronger and Sky looks at them worriedly. They are getting high enough to almost break over the bridge itself.