7

As the silence drags on Sky sighs, "Well, I guess no answer is the answer. How does the rejection work? I'll repack my things and leave you to your life. No worries about if I'm a gene carrier or not. I don't care to know who my father is at this point. I got the answers I came for, mostly, and I can live without the others.

"It was nice meeting you all. If you could call me a cab? It shouldn't take me long to pack, likely I'll be out ready before the cab can make it here." Sky says standing up and walking towards the door.

"Wait, Sky, you are right, what you asked for isn't impossible for us to comply with. You are also correct in how females are around us. It will be difficult to remember to keep them away and not let them near us like before." Surprisingly to Sky it's Ellis that stops her with his words.

"I hear one of you assure me, but I'm not even seeing any of the other four nodding in agreement. I don't read minds, so you will need to speak the words." Sky says walking once more towards the door. "I'm sorry but only one agreeing to the terms won't do it. I need all five of you to do so. Especially since you have dates tomorrow night with other females." Sky spits that last bit out. "I think you are just making excuses to not have to change your way of life. I think you enjoy being able to be with others. I don't think you want to settle down with just one, especially since you'll have to share me.

"It was lovely meeting you all. I especially liked meeting your wolves. I'm sure that they are a warm bundle of fur to cuddle up next to, I hope they know that it's not them I'm rejecting."

"Sky, we will accept your terms." Kacey finally says and the others accept as well.

"You do, huh? Well I guess I'll be seeing tonight at dinner with your pack and tomorrow at the party with the other females. 

"Let me ask another question about them, have they been brought here before and if so, are you sure that none of your people are their mates?" Sky asks before returning to her chair. 

The alphas look at her blankly.

"What, it's a fair question. Have you asked any of your men if they are mates with those females? If they are they likely wouldn't have dared to say anything to their alpha would they?"

Kacey shakes off the stillness her words caused, "We never thought to question any of them about that. The females are rather power hungry so it's possible that they wouldn't have said anything if they did find their mates here. They would want the position of luna more than their true mate."

Kacey gets up and opens the door and talks to the guard stationed there.

The conversation lasts for more than just a simple instruction so Sky wonders what is being said. From the looks on the other four's faces it isn't good. She also surmises that the wolves have better than human hearing since she couldn't hear a word that was said.

After a bit Kacey comes back in and instead of sitting down he starts pacing angrily. 

"Okay, it seems that the human is the only one not in the know here. If this is mafia business I'll just leave so that you can deal with it. Whatever was said has obviously made you five upset and I have no desire to be in the crossfire."

Sky once more stands and there are growls that sound in the room.

She looks at all five of them trying to figure out which of them growled at her. "You did not just growl at me! I have done nothing wrong, I just asked a question. I don't even know what was said so don't take out your anger on me."

Kacey stops his pacing long enough to wipe his face with his hand trying to clear away the anger.

"It seems that at least three of the bitches have mates in my pack and failed to say anything. At least two of them have had to be taken off of missions due to the pain they experienced from the bitches cheating on them. Before you say anything, they did NOT cheat with us. We haven't done more than give them a few kisses. Not even very deep ones at that." Kacey tells her tiredly.

He doesn't give a shit who they fuck, but when they are harming his pack mates, that's grounds for war. They've all broken the alliance already.

Kacey stops pacing and allows a rather dark smile to cross his face. "I think I have a way to end all possibilities of war with their fathers. At the party tomorrow, I will inform them that they will either accept their mates or all discussions of treaties are over. We will consider their actions against their mates as declarations of war and we will act accordingly."

"Don't you think that you should talk to the mates that they cheated on first? See if they still want the cheating bitches as their mates?" Sky says rolling her eyes. "If they do, that's great but if they don't you'll need another way to pacify their packs won't you?"

"If my pack mates don't want to accept their cheating mates then the females will accept the very public rejection and remain here to be punished for the pain that they caused my people. That will be the only acceptable way to avoid repercussions with us. That is more than we would normally give any one. They should accept those terms and be glad of it."

"I'm sure that their father's would, but will the females? They might not know or understand just how it would affect their packs if they don't."

"We will talk to their fathers ahead of time letting them know what will be happening. Their father's can decide on their packs fate in their daughter's stead."

"I see. Very well that takes care of them. But I'm willing to bet that your pack won't be so easily swayed by your words. They will try to separate me from you and will do as they normally do. You've been warned ahead of time. If you allow that to happen you will need to call a pack meeting where I'll be rejecting you and you will accept that rejection. I hope for every one's sake that the pack meeting won't need to be called."

"Speaking of calling a pack meeting. I think we should call one now so that we can let the pack know that we found our mate and luna." Ellis says breaking the silence that had fallen in the room from Sky's words.

The males all agree looking at each other and smiling.

Sky isn't as happy about it as they are but she keeps her feelings hidden. She has a feeling that the meeting isn't going to go the way they think it will.