38

"Yeah, I received your gift. Thank you for the declaration of war. I'll be sure to bring her body back to you when we come to destroy you." Kacey tells him calmly, but inside he's furious. This man has messed with him and his mate. Is there no chance for him?

Kacey can't see it, but the man turns white. He does his best to bluff his way out of it. "I send you a gift and you tell me that it's a declaration of war? How does that work?"

"You are a wolf you know what would happen if I were to accept your gift as it was intended. It would kill my mate. Kill my brothers' mate. It would destroy us making it easy for you to attack and possibly take over my pack. Of course that never crossed your mind now did it?" Kacey asks sarcastically.

"Of course not!" The mafia boss exclaims.

Kacey waits a bit then says, "Bullshit. You're a wolf, you damn well know what happens when a mate cheats. I know because you are like my father and killed yours by fucking around on her. We'll be bringing her body back soon.

"I have to say my mate was less then impressed. Your death will be equal to the amount of shit I'll have to do to make things up with her. Just be damn glad that your bitch of a daughter didn't manage to actually touch or kiss me."

This earns a snort from the other mafia boss. "Why's that?" He doesn't hold much with females in places of power. They are for one thing and one thing only.

"Because then the only thing that might appease her would be me giving you to her as a gift. Normally she would be rather swift and merciful, but for that she would take her time."

That elicits a true mocking laugh from the boss. "Right, like she would dirty her hands."

"She challenged and took down an alpha adding to my territory. Don't ever think that my mate is weak like your bitch of a daughter."

Kacey can feel the disbelief over the phone.

Kacey looks up at the sound of the door closing. He smiles to see Sky standing there. "You don't believe me, I think perhaps I'll let her deal with you after all."

Sky looks at him with a raised brow. 

Kacey covers the mouth piece of the phone. "It's the father of the bitch. He doesn't think  you would be a worthy opponent."

The light in Sky's eyes brightens and she holds her hand out for the phone. Kacey gives it to her and sits back to enjoy the show.

"Hello? Is this the dumbass idiot that sent his daughter to be a whore to my mate?"

"She was a gift, a mistress, not a whore." The mafia boss says defensively.

"A mistress is by definition a whore, but instead of many lovers she has just one unless he farms her out. I guess the stupidity shows that you are the idiot. When we come to deliver the bitches body I challenge you to a fight to the death. No one as stupid as you should be an alpha let alone a mafia boss."

"Right, like you could defeat me." The boss sneers right back.

"How hard can it be if your wolf is as stupid as you? How the hell you ever stayed alive this long is a mystery to me. I can't wait to send you to the moon goddess to be judged for your cruelty and stupidity."

"The moon goddess is a myth to keep us from gaining power and money."

"Your stupidity knows no bounds does it? You are going to have a hell of a time explaining yourself to her. But what's worse is you'll have to explain to her why you murdered your mate. I truly feel for you on that one."

"What are you talking about bitch? I didn't murder my mate."

"Bullshit. You fucked around until you killed her with your infidelity. Had you not done so she would have given you several pups, males that would have done you proud. But you killed her and so you just have the one daughter that will die rather quickly." Sky says and leaves the male too shocked and upset to speak.

Sky hangs up the phone.

"We can finish off the bitch when you are ready, Sky. When would you like to attack the mafia?"

"I'll send a couple of my bird people to watch and report. Give it a couple of days. Did you find the spies among your people?" Sky demands.

Kacey's lips thin down in anger. "I found one, but I'm sure he isn't alone. Do you want the bitch? I'll give her to you to deal with as you see fit."

"She found and rejected her mate, only taking the time to find out his name. The pup she's carrying will be lost and she won't be able to ever have another. If you wish to use her as a whore that she so willingly wants to be, go ahead. But you and the others better never be alone with her again.

"I tell you, Kacey, you are damn close to having me reject you and leave. 

"I told you before, you make time for what is important to you. Neither you nor any of the alphas have made time for me. Hell you've completely ignored me for the last two weeks. When I work in here, when I sit at the same table with you. I might as well not exist.

"That is incredibly disrespectful. You and your brothers have pretty much convinced me that I am nothing more than an inconvenience. You have no wish to be near me other than your wolves.

"I think me looking so much like my mother has affected you older three more than you realize. The twins don't have as much of a problem.

"But if this continues it will be just a matter of time before you cheat on me. You and the others have too high a sex drive to remain celibate for too long. Then I would reject you and leave. Should you try to pull the same shit that you pulled last time I'd kill you."

Kacey has no doubts of it.

"But that's not important. I originally came in here for a reason. The shifters near the caves found a hidden canyon within the cliff walls, a beautiful box canyon that is only entered through the caves. There they came across some traitors meeting with rogues planning on attacking you or I should say us. Thought you might be interested enough to actually listen to me."

"Shit!" Kacey says angrily and calls Ellis.

"Sky, could you have-" Kacey starts to say.

"I have some of the shifters watching. One of them is my snake knight and the other is my eagle. They will be reporting their findings when it gets dark. Then I have a couple of others that will watch and report."

Kacey looks at her and blinks.

"When I kill that jackass, do you want the mafia and pack?" Sky asks before leaving.

"Yes," Kacey says still rather off balance by everything she told him.