48

"Where the fuck are they?" Ellis demands of his hackers as he paces the confines of their office. Then he looks hard at the witch that is supposedly helping them locate his brothers and missing pack mates.

"Whoever is helping them is a very powerful witch. The things she's doing is skirting the black magics and so isn't being punished by losing her powers, but it's enough that she's able to keep me from finding her."

Not for the first time Anastasia wishes that she had a familiar to help boost her power. She continues to push her powers to the fullest in an attempt to find the missing pack members. She has no desire to find out what Kacey will do to her if they don't have that information before he and Sky get back.

"I want that witch bitch here now." The angry man growls. The snarling of the rogue wolves are background to his pacing. He ignores them and the man that makes his wolf bristle and pace. Why did he ever think it would be smart to work with hunters to take down Legrand? He should never have tried to go against them. It's just a matter of time before they come against him and they will kill them all, even if it becomes an empirical win for them.

"Why are you so nervous wolf?" The arrogant man demands of the wolf he sneers at.

The wolf narrows his eyes at the hunter leader. "If you knew the Legrand pack like I do you would be nervous as well."

The man snorts his derision. "They are wolves like you. We have the witch bitch and the rogues as well as both packs here and of course my men."

The angry wolf growls, "Some of the pack members were able to get away. They saw the rogue wolves and some of your vaunted hunters. They will be prepared and likely have their own witch or witches to help them counter those advantages. They don't take prisoners and they have no mercy." Personally he thinks the hunters made a mistake going against the Legrand pack. They will go after whatever will make the enemy weaker, like families. The wolf snorts and doesn't say anything. The arrogant bastard thinks that he's so much better than them will find himself and his people destroyed. 

"If they come and survive this trap you have masterminded, don't be surprised if Kacey and his brothers declare open season on the hunters." The wolf decides to warn the human before him.

This makes the man laugh, "Let him and his mongrels come. We'll be more than happy to take down him and his unnatural pack of dogs."

"The witch, Alpha Warner," the guard interrupts before Warner can say anything more to the arrogant bastard.

"You wanted to see me, Alpha?" The female looks more than a little tired and worn.

Warner stops what he was about to say. "What happened to you?" He demands.

"I believe my coven leader is working with Legrand to find us. She is very strong and has come close to breaking my cloaking of the packs."

Warner does his best to hide his shock at this. If the cloaking is broken then they might as well say their last prayers.

He decides to make one last power play before that could happen. "I want you to break the bond between Alpha Leroy and his mate."

The witch looks at him in disbelief. "I told you before that that was black magic. I'll lose my magic and rejected by the witchlings."

"I don't give a shit. Break the fucking bond between them." Warner demands.

The female shakes her head at his idiocy. She's already explained to the idiot that if she loses her magic then her cloaking spell will be broken. All her protections around them will be broken. Since Anastasia has gotten involved with the Legrand mafia she is as good as dead any ways. She'll go out by her choice.