40

Sky is getting pretty fed up with all the alphas. She's more than a little distracted and angry and today they've decided to go against the idiot that sent his daughter to Kacey. She really can't afford to be distracted.

"Sky, could I talk to you for a minute?" Kacey asks as she leaves the dining room.

Sky looks at him incredulously. "You're actually talking to me?"

Kacey winces at her tone and words. It's his fault that she's like this and he needs to fix things. He can tell that Sky is getting fed up with him and the others. "Yeah," he sighs. "There's several things I need to talk to you about. My actions are just one of the things."

"Fine." Sky nearly spits those words out.

Sky precedes him into his office Chang and Seamus following close behind her. Wyatt at her side.

Kacey would rather have this conversation in private, but he thinks that this is as private as he'll get.

"Please take a seat, Sky and Wyatt." Kacey says but instead of having them take the seats in front of  his desk he has them sit over where the couch and chairs are.

Sky does so, but she's giving him suspicious looks.

Before he takes a seat as well Kacey opens the box that was sitting on the floor not too far away from the coffee table. He starts pulling out the jewelry boxes that were packed inside and hands the papers that went with it to Sky. "I took the liberty to have your jewels picked up from the jeweler that was cleaning and appraising them. I believe that he has a good reputation, but if you would like Tandy to verify the diamonds are the originals then go ahead. Please make sure that all the items are here."

Sky as well as Wyatt look at all the items. Sky skims over the paperwork to find the appraisal on the items and her breath nearly stops. She can't believe the kind of wealth she has in front of her. 

"Sky, two of the rings are gone." Wyatt says softly to her.

Sky looks confused at first. Then she looks over the list the jeweler signed off on receiving from the bank.

"The jeweler never looked them over. He never had possession of them."

"What rings were those, Wyatt?" 

"One was a ring denoting the ranking within the mafia. The other was one that was worn by your grandmother." Kacey sits up tense and narrows his eyes as he demands the name of the bank. Sky gives it to him absently. 

The mafia ring must not be given to any outside the mafia. As for the other, that one rightfully belongs to Sky and to take it from her will likely mean the persons death. Unless of course he has a damn good reason. Kacey doesn't think that there is a reason good enough, at least at this time.

Once Sky looks over the pieces and is satisfied Kacey packs them up in the box once more. It is far easier to carry them this way. He has Sky follow him and requests that the two knights at least go outside the room until they are called back in.

At Sky's nod they leave.

Once the door is closed behind them Sky turns her narrowed eyed look back onto the mate she no longer trusts. "Why did you want my knights to leave?"

"Because what I'm going to show you is only for the alphas, the luna and since Wyatt is my brother he should know as well." Kacey replies grimly. Things aren't going very well. He's waited too long to get his courage up and he's losing her. He can feel it.

He gets up and offers to help her up but she refuses to take his hand and merely waves him ahead of her. Both she and Wyatt follow Kacey as he moves over to a wall and presses on a section of the wall. "This is the lock. It is actually biometric and so won't open unless their information is in the computer. Both your's and Wyatt's finger prints have been added." Kacey tells her before going down the stairs. Faint lights like they have in movie theaters once the movie starts gives just a bit of light.

If Kacey wasn't going down first Sky would be worried that he was just leading her somewhere he could kill her just by shutting the door on her. She still isn't sure that he isn't planning that. 

Finally after going down what seemed like a thousand steps they come to a flat floor space. Sky shivers a bit at the coolness. The man made cave was much cooler than the upstairs. They are standing in front of a large vault like banks use.

Kacey puts in a code and then his finger print. "The code will change randomly. You'll get the code in code daily. Once more your fingerprints and that of Wyatt's have been added and you'll be able to open the vault." Kacey pulls open the door and a much brighter light turns on.

Sky gasps. "What the fuck?" There are stacks of money all piled on the floor neatly. There are other smaller stacks on the shelves along with small wooden boxes.

"The mafias can't just deposit and withdraw large amounts of money for its illegal activities Sky. This is our reserve. Some of this money will be used for illegal means and other is for emergency use. Some of it is waiting to be laundered and become usable in other ways." Kacey explains to Sky and Wyatt at the same time, but he can tell that Wyatt understood immediately what the vault was.

"If you are in need of some petty cash that is untraceable you are welcome to use it. Just make sure that I know that you have taken some and if you can, let me know what you are using it for. We have strict accounting system in place."

Wyatt nods since he is the one that Kacey expected to use the money, not Sky. 

Kacey takes Sky over to an area that doesn't have anything on the shelves. He sets the box down and starts removing the jewels and sets them on the shelf. "This is your shelf. You are welcome to add to your collection down here or take up what you have here to your room or make other arrangements as you see fit." Kacey tells the silent female at his side. 

Sky hasn't said anything since that first exclamation but nods at Kacey's words to show that she heard him.

Once Kacey is finished he escorts her out of the vault and up the stairs once more. He shows them both how to open the hidden door from this side. "The vault can also be used as a panic room for short term usage. It isn't really set up for long term usage, no water other than a few bottles and emergency food for three days. There is a chemical toilet in there, but it's boxed up as are the emergency supplies." Kacey tells them once they are all seated once more.

"Now, Sky, I want you to listen to what I have to say, because it isn't easy. First I would like you to forgive my brothers. They were just following my orders."

Sky looks at him furiously. "You ordered them to ignore me?"

Kacey hangs his head down. "Yes, but there is a reason for that. Please, listen to what I have to say?"

Sky can feel the anger from Wyatt as well as her own at Kacey's words. He's had to console Sky many times from her pain.