25

Wyatt helps Sky with her shower and makes sure the food is waiting for her when she gets out. It doesn't take long for Sky to finish her shower. She's still not very hungry but knows that she'll need to eat since it won't be easy for her to turn. 

Wyatt had explained that it will likely be harder on her to turn since she wasn't born one of them. As she eats he continues to tell her things to help her with the transformation.

"Picture a wolf in your mind and then don't fight the change. It hurts to turn especially the first time but if you fight it is even worse. You won't want to wear clothes when you change if you can help it. The clothes will just add to the pain of the shift.

"I know you aren't comfortable being naked in front of us, unfortunately that will be something that you'll have to get used to."

"I will huh?" Sky says but has no intentions of undressing in front of all her mates. They might not have any problems doing so in front of her, but she most definitely does in front of them. Especially the five that she doesn't want to be around right now. She wouldn't mind around Wyatt but the others most definitely. Their wolves wouldn't be a problem, but there won't be room for their wolves and hers in the study.

Sky is fully dressed and goes with Wyatt from the room and finds that the twins are waiting at her door for her to come out. "Kacey and the others are in the study waiting for you. We could do this outside, but we thought you would prefer the inside since it's rather nasty storm outside once more." Floyd tells her as they walk along the pack house.

"I have no intentions of changing outside any time soon." Sky tells them. Until her wolf learns to control her size and showing how much power she has it won't be safe for her to be where other wolves can see her.

Sky feels an extreme need to hurry at this point and so is more than a little relieved to see the study doors come into view.

"When you are ready to change back just think of your human self and picture that in your mind. Once more don't fight the change or it will hurt." Wyatt gives her some last minute advice.

"Thank you Wyatt. Now I have some advice of my own. My wolf is growling any time any of you five alphas come into view. She isn't happy with you and doesn't want you near her. She knows that she needs you here but doesn't want you near her. I would suggest you stay by the walls. Wyatt she wants to meet you."

The alphas look at her in shock. They don't believe her.

Sky starts feeling pain and falls to the floor still fully clothed.

"Sky, you need to take you clothes off." Kacey says and goes to her to help her do just that, but stops as Sky lets out a long low warning growl. Kacey very carefully steps back to the wall with his brothers.

Then Sky does something that makes all their jaws drop she starts changing and it is faster than what any of them are able to do. Smoothly and effortlessly Sky changes from her human form to the biggest wolf any of them have ever seen. Her power floods the room and Wyatt immediately drops to his knees acknowledging her power being more than his. The alphas fight but eventually they too begin to kneel before her wolf, showing her dominance to them.

The female wolf growls once at them then turns to Wyatt and licks him showing her pleasure at seeing him. The lick nearly causes Wyatt to fall over and leaves a wide sticky streak over his face and hair.

Then Sky moves back and turns back to her human form. Once more as effortlessly as she had changed to her wolf form. Then she stands still dressed in the clothes she had been wearing before her change.

Her mates continue to kneel before her, barely able to hide the complete shock they just had. Well they didn't actually hide it very well except for Kacey. The twins had their jaws dropped and Leroy and Ellis were staring at her in shock. Only Kacey appears to be unshaken but Sky can smell the emotions chasing through him just as violently as his brothers. Only Wyatt appears to have taken her wolf in stride. He just looks at her in awe and adoration.

"Wyatt, please stand." Sky says and holds out her hand to help the shocked wolf to stand up. "My wolf is well pleased and can't wait to meet your wolf. She will need a bit of time to work on size and power control. Once I have marked you it will help her in this. It will also help you realize some of your hidden strength. Your father has left you alpha blood and it will be let out at that time. My wolf would like to have you keep that power hidden for now. You already know how to hide your strength and do a fine job of it." Sky smiles at the astounded man before turning to the alphas.

"You will need to earn my forgiveness for this. You will need to figure out a way to regain my good graces. Neither I nor your wolves will receive their full potential until you do. The moon goddess is not happy with you. You have much to do to regain her good graces as well. She needs your help to help not just the wolves but all of her children. 

"For this reason she will be sending her children here for sanctuary to rebuild their numbers. You will accept them into this pack. They will add to the defenses and help strengthen us against all our enemies it will be in all our best interests to do so.

"But first, you must be more firm on not accepting any acts against mates. She is most angry about that. Mates are a gift, a treasure to be guarded and treated with the utmost respect. She is less than pleased that so many of the mates reject each other for gain and power. She is furious over how many cheat or otherwise abuse their mates. That will need to stop now.

"There will be no others once a pair is mated. There is one exception. That will be my knights, they will be with others to do their duty  the moon goddess has set them and their mate bond will allow them to do so. The females that accept the knights as their mates will know and understand that their mates have a duty to perform which will mean them being with other females. They might not accept their mate if that is the case, but they will know ahead of time."

"Knights?" Ellis says in confusion.

It is Leroy that answers while Kacey looks at Sky stone faced. "In our history the leaders sometimes had those that served them, and them alone in duties of protection and whatever was needed. Ofttimes they would range out far away to complete these tasks."

There is silence in the room before it is broken by a knocking on the door.

Kacey tells them to enter and all eyes turn from Sky to the guard that sticks his head into the room. "Alphas, luna, there is a man at the boundary that would like to talk to you. He is a wolf without a pack."

The males in the room stiffen. Packless wolves are more dangerous and feral than the pack wolves. They are solitary people and don't follow rules or have much deference towards the leaders of a pack.

"What does he want?" Kacey growls lowly.

"He says that he would like permission to stay and rest here this night. He says that coming here wasn't his idea but his wolf forced him to come here. Then he said something that makes me think he's a bit crazy from what the border patrol said." The guard says more than a bit reluctant to finish the message.

"What did he say?" Sky asks amused, she's pretty sure that he's one of her knights.

"He said that he was sent by the moon goddess and must meet with the queen."

"Then you should let him come." Sky says but her mates are all giving out low growls of displeasure at her words.

She growls back and they back down. 

Kacey sighs. "Bring him here but make sure he has a guard on him at all times until we say otherwise."

The guard hides his shock at the alphas giving way to the luna. He has a feeling that things are about to change a great deal. He just hopes that they change for the better now that the luna is back and one of them. The alphas had been unsettled and anxious when she was gone and beyond angry with the pack and those they consider part of the reason why she left.