Chapter 5

"Oh! I'm beat." Idris groaned as he landed on his soft bed. He smacked his shoulder a little after closing his eyes.

It's already 9:24 in the evening, and he came home a little earlier than usual. He went to the palace of King Roy together with the other noble men, they played polo and horse racing for the whole afternoon and then ate and talked at the king's palace. The king always does this once a month, to strengthen the bond of the future rulers of the land. King Roy also believed that by doing this he could easily approach his people under him and vice versa when they seek help from the king.

Some players share the same age as him and the king, 22, and some are older or younger. The youngest is 18, the knight's son, and the older in their group is 26, a baron.

Idris huffed a sigh; he felt his shoulder hurting. He was so sure he did a proper stretching before playing polo so he's wondering why it hurts so much. This is the first time he felt it. Well, it hurts after playing but not to this extent.

It's bearable but still...

He then removed his necklace from his neck and carefully placed it on the table near his bed. He faced the glass door of his veranda and unbuttoned his clothes while staring at the round bright moon. He didn't bother to close his curtain, his room is on the second floor of their manor, too high, no one will see him anyway.

He tossed his clothes on the floor before stepping on the tub, "Ahh... that's nice." he mumbled after feeling the cold hug of the water to his naked body, he slowly sniffed the air as his nostril is being filled with the smoke of the scented candle and bath soap.

He closed his sleepy eyes as he felt the cold and relaxing water of the bath, minutes have passed and he's slowly being taken away by his tiredness causing half of his head to fall on the water, he gasped for air and decided to wash up before he could fall asleep again and drown.

He wore the robe and tied it, "Now... I forgot to take some clothes with me." he mumbled, sleepily.

He opened the door and stopped midways when he saw that it was dark but not too dark to see his bed, "Doing a good job moon." he said while walking carefully, avoiding to trip on his own floor mat.

He was about to enter his walk-in closet to pick some clothes when he saw a tall figure outside his veranda.

The strange man was fully covered, even the face but it didn't hide the fact that he is tall and muscular, such a good figure that could make him feel insecure of his not so tall and thin frame for a guy. The stranger then glanced at his left and thanks to the moonlight he saw the man's eye but not enough to remember it.

"Shit!" he cursed when he saw the heirloom necklace on the man's right hand!

Then an idea knocked inside his head, removing the sleepiness in his body, a burglary! He is going to steal the most precious thing to me!

He cursed himself about praising the man's appearance instead of calling for help. He decided to sneak slowly from the back and when he successfully opened the door of his veranda the man turned to him, shocked with each other's presence. But the thief is too quick. He holds onto the rock barrel planning to jump but he grips the man's arm.

Why is he heavy and big!?

He started to panic as he held the man's arm. Not so good things are entering his head continuously. What if he stabs me? Kidnap me or... or I don't know!

"You!" he shouted, "Give it back!" he said as he tried to reach the necklace.

The strange man glanced at the ground, if Idris continued his actions both of them would fall from the second ground of the manor, and that's not a good situation their bones will be dislocated or crushed for sure and if not, the worse is both of them will die.

So, the man pushed Idris' chest causing the latter to back away a little, but the stubborn young master wasted no time and tried to reach the thief again, "I won't let you go away!" he shouted furiously.

He's so pissed, first because the necklace is being taken away, second, he's wearing a robe and it feels uncomfortable to fight the guy knowing that he's naked inside the thick and long robe and lastly, he's been shouting, the guards should've been alerted by now.

The man calculated the lord's moves and strength before gripping the young master's right wrist, as he found out that it was his dominant hand. Using his left hand, he slipped the necklace inside his bag and gripped the other wrist of the lord.

"What the hell!?" Lord Idris shouted when the guy successfully pinned him on the barrel, he glanced at the ground, "Oh god, I will fall! Ouch! You-" but he stopped from muttering when he felt the strange man on his back, they're too close! The man was too close to his body, he even felt the guy's hot breath on his neck even though the thief's face was covered with a dark cloth.

"Why are you so damn close!? And I will fall!" he badly wants to scream and cry right now, never in his life has he used those profanities. He's a good child and a good man but this strange dude and their situation is making him pissed.

He gasped and stopped from struggling when the thief's hand landed on his clothed stomach, hoping he wouldn't strip... that would be so embarrassing.

He shook his head from thinking dirty and stupid thoughts regarding with his situation that he is in.

The man held his hurting shoulder and squeezed it a little causing him to cry and scream from pain. This bastard! oh god, I swear, I will kill him!

After that the man released him and jumped from his veranda.

"Guards! James! Dad!" he cried for help, calling all the people he knew that reside in their manor.

The thief was gone as well as the heirloom necklace too.

While he... he was left, hurting and helpless.