Chapter 49

It's 2am in the morning and the two were just lying under the blanket, naked. After doing the deed, Rufus went inside the bathroom and took a quick shower before attending to Idris who was restless lying on the bed. After cleaning the young duke, the two decided to rest by laying on Idris bed so they can talk things out since they're not yet sleepy.

"I didn't even listen to you, and yet..." Idris started and shook his head a little, "I thought you went with the marquess, he favored you, even from the very beginning."

Rufus' thick eyebrows met, "What are you saying, your grace? I stayed at the emperor's palace after the trial... we had a talk." Rufus explained and continued to caress the duke's bare back, "I was offered to be a king... no, I was ordered to be a king for the north by the imperial majesty."

Idris was still shocked after hearing that from Rufus, though he expected it already since Rufus is the only direct descendant of the Eurman's even though he wasn't recognized legally, "Don't you want it? I could stay as your attendant if you wish, your grace. Maybe I can talk about it with the emperor." Rufus asked.

Idris shook his head instantly, yes, he wants Rufus by his side, but he can't imagine defying the emperor's order. They'll be dead, "No no, you deserve it, you're a direct descendant... you should claim what's rightfully yours."

"Hmm. The only one possession that I want to claim rightfully is you, your grace."

Idris blushed so he slapped Rufus' chest when he felt embarrassed, "You'll be away once you become a king, you'll live in the palace to do your duties." he stated, diverting the attention of Rufus who started to be flirty.

"I can sneak out every night for you, your grace."

Idris' forehead creased, "No that's too much burden on your side."

"Then..."

"Hmm let's just see... when is your coronation then?"

"Tomorrow at the emperor's palace- I mean later, the message is out by now, I guess."

Now that Idris thought about it, "But the execution will start later?"

"The punishment will be held in the morning, and the coronation is at night." Rufus explained.

Idris stared at the man's face, examining his expression, "Then are you really fine with your father being executed?" he asked carefully.

Rufus looked at him and smiled, "Well, yes... what he did was unforgivable, his sins from the past up to his recent crimes... I don't even have any good memories from him being a father that I could cherish... I met him just a couple of times and all were bad encounters."

"Sorry about that."

"It's fine besides the one who should answer that question is you, it was your loyal steward since you're a kid."

"Honestly, I'm worried about him but like what you've said, it's unforgivable, killing both of my parents, betraying me, King Roy and the whole empire..."

He's not only worried but scared, he's even ashamed to face James' extended family who served as a loyal servant under their care, and... he's afraid to face James. He doesn't know if he can take to see the man being torture, he served as his second father to him until he grew up so...

"Hmm..." Rufus saw the expression on Idris face so he didn't add any follow up questions regarding James, he doesn't want to ruin the mood and for sure Idris would just end up overthinking.

Idris' eyes went on Rufus' chest and arms and traced the bruises on the man's skin, "You have lots of lashes... these will leave marks for sure."

"Will you leave me if I have them in the future, then?"

Idris felt annoyed, he looked up to the man and glared, "No, of course not. Never."

After Idris' remarks the two went silent until they dozed off.