Special Chapter

Four years had passed quickly.

Idris is completely healed but sometimes he can't help but to think about his father's death whenever his mind is not occupied with work.

Just like now, he is daydreaming about his father beside him teaching him about his duties as a duke, but his thoughts got interrupted when a loud bang of the door reached his ears.

He turned his head to the door to see the person who didn't ask permission and suddenly came into his work hours.

Idris has a clue already, but he still faces the person to confirm his conclusion, "Your grace!" a young boy happily greeted while running toward his seat.

"Your highness!" He cheered and opened his arms.

The 3-year-old boy giggled when his older brother lifted him.

"You're here again, your highness."

"Hmm!"

"Did you sneak out from the majesty again?" he asked but the boy didn't answer, he just pouted his red lips and tightened the hug on his brother's nape.

Fitzgerald Hilti, Idris' brother from the late Duke Frederick Gastrell. His younger brother is a royal prince of the Mermolt palace of the East, a future ruler, Queen Adela's successor. His younger brother is using his mother's surname because they need to follow the noble rules when it comes to titles, since the queen has a higher position than the duke, their child must use the parents' surname who has a higher title than the other. The boy is a Gastrell biologically but will use the Hilti legally.

"You grace- Oh! You have a visitor..." Rufus stated while entering the duke's office.

The kid turned his head when he heard the familiar voice of a man, "Rufus!" he shouted and pointed his finger excitedly, Rufus smiled at the young man who shouted his name.

"It's 'your majesty' for you, your highness." Idris scolded before pinching his younger brother's nose.

"It's fine, your grace." Rufus said then walked towards the two.

"What's with the sudden visit, your majesty?" he asked while putting down his brother who was struggling from his hold.

"Hmm. I have a report..." Rufus started with an obvious stare before picking up the royal prince who ran towards him.

"Hmm. I see."

In just a span of a year Rufus was able to manage the region of the north, he bended all the rules that favors the nobility, he revised most regulations and strengthen the north's relationship with the other kingdoms by offering goods, welcoming the people from other regions, and visiting the other kingdoms personally to greet and asked the rulers. His friend, Einar Adair also got promoted from Knight Major to Knight Commander of the North region the same day when Rufus was crowned as a king.

Their land expanded too six months ago as their emperor successfully won the battle that happened at the other state near their empire, though the land was under the empire, but it remains kingless since the emperor hasn't decided if he'll hire a new ruler, but hiring one will affect their titles and hierarchy so there's a bigger chance that the said land will be under rules under the four rulers depends on the emperor's choice.

But as far as Idris knows the land is being monitored by some officials sent by the emperor so it's not really a problem.

Idris stared at his younger brother who was giggling and playing with Rufus, when the queen gave birth to the boy Idris always visits the mermolt palace and he did that for a whole year. But when his brother nearly turned three, the boy started to sneak every time the queen was not around. And the very first time his brother did not, she almost got hospitalized because of worriedness. She thought her son was kidnapped by some bandits. Turns out that his younger brother made up a lie to the attendant who maneuvered the carriage to send him to the Gastrell's household. And so, the queen appointed her personal dame to always attend the royal prince wherever he wished to go.

Rufus looked at him with longing in his eyes, Idris laughed silently when he read Rufus' expression. His lover wants to cuddle him, but they can't since the royal prince is with them. They decided not to be clingy and showy in front of others, especially with some kids since they tend to be more curious with their surroundings.

"Finally..." Rufus whispered when he heard the small snores coming from the royal prince he was carrying.

The dame entered Idris' office and bowed when she saw the two noblemen, she carefully picked the boy from Rufus' arms and walked slowly, "You can put him to his room, my lady." Idris whispered; the dame nodded.

They can't just sneak the boy in the carriage and go back to the west, once his brother wakes up, he'll surely cry and throw a fit. And consoling a spoiled royal prince is such a burden.

"I missed you, your grace."

"I missed you too, Rufus." The man's eyes brightened when he heard his lover speak his name.

"Can you say it again?" he asked.

"What? Rufus?" Idris repeated.

The man smiled and crashed his lips on the dukes before pulling the duke's head to deepen their kiss.

But their action was cut short when they heard a loud commotion outside, so they went down instantly and proceeded to the manor's gate.

"W-what's happening!?" Idris panicked when he saw the empire's carriage, an announcer was standing on the top of it.

"We're asking all the nobilities to hand over half of their men for help! Our beloved emperor has been captured by a group of notorious pirates, his fleet has been taken down and most of the soldiers are captured as well."

"What?" Idris whispered as his heart started to pump in a fast manner. He even heard Rufus cuss before the man pulled him inside, Idris came back to his senses and called out a maid to fetch a messenger to alarm the other rulers.

Their emperor's absence can make a big impact in the whole empire, he's still wondering how the pirates managed to capture their imperial majesty, that man is ruthless and cunning. Even though the man is just bringing a galleon and four barques he can't be taken down easily, unless a man has the same power and strength like the emperor's knight commander, Thelonius Tarian Grimaldi.

Now that he thought about the strong knight, did he get captured also?

"How about the knight of the knights?"

"He's not with the imperial majesty."

"What?" he exclaimed, "Are you sure!?"

"Yes, your grace, I met their group roaming around the borders earlier before I came here."

Idris was surprised, those two are inseparable.

It's been four years since the chaos happened in their empire. They lived in peace for the past four years, will this affect their peaceful life the emperor maintained for them? But one thing is for sure, those pirates will be dead once the knight commander finds their emperor.