Chapter 14

"They're here already, my lord." James said as he saw Idris getting off the horse.

"Already? They're a bit early." Idris handed the rope to James and walked towards the manor's entrance.

He saw two men and 4 women who were sitting on their couch at their receiving area, "Lord Idris!" the young woman exclaimed when she saw the young master walking towards their place.

"Good afternoon, you people are early." he stated, "Well, is it okay If I make you guys wait? I just came back from the ranch, I'll take a quick bath first, but you can start fixing Rufus get up."

The visitors looked at each other before nodding, "Of course, my lord." the same girl answered.

"Very well! Please wait for the steward to assist you to my office and room later." he turned to the maid who was standing behind him, waiting for his orders, "Order Rufus to go into my office if he's done bathing himself, tell him that the people are here already."

The maid nodded before walking away, "Then if you'll excuse me..." he said then smiled at the guests who were busy looking around at their receiving area.

Idris looked at his pocket watch and counted, they still have four hours before the event starts, early. But since the main palace is kinda far from their household they need to be early, besides they can't rush their carriage, that's too dangerous since it's the rainy season in their place, the way is too slippery.

He took off his clothes then headed inside the bathroom, after spending 20 minutes inside he walked out wearing his thick robe. A few seconds after sitting on the chair, he heard three consecutive knocks from his wooden door.

"Come in."

James opened the door and was followed by three people behind him.

"Right timing as usual. You can start now..." he commanded.

James stormed out of his room and the three started to open their luggage and boxes, different brushes and things were viewed in Idris' eyes. There are jewelry sets too, "So, the other group started already?" he asked, opening a conversation, so the people will be comfortable in his presence.

"Yes, my lord. They started 10 minutes ago." the guy on his right explained.

He nodded, "That's good then." he whispered before closing his eyes.

After almost 30 minutes his group was done fixing him, "My lord." the man called out before lifting his long-tailed white coat with gold intricate on the cuffs and upper left chest. It was the suit that was done by the local tailor at the middle caste, Henry.

"Are the others done?" he asked as he saw James beside his door, standing and waiting for his next command.

"Yes, my lord. They've been waiting since earlier at the receiving area."

He nodded before walking away, "The wine?" he asked as they started to head towards the grand stairs of the manor.

"I'll get it ready now, my lord." James said then he walked towards the opposite direction.

He chose a limited-edition wine as a gift to the king, that friend of his who loves wine, just like his deceased father, the former king of the palace. The one came from overseas, a far country. Making it more unusual when it comes to taste and design.

He glanced at the full-size mirrored wall before stepping down the stairs. His hair was pushed back revealing his whole face, this is not so me...

His daily look is far different from his look for tonight, in his thought he looked arrogant.

He gasped a little after seeing Rufus attire and looks, the girl behind him noticed his action too. He composed himself before speaking, "You guys did a good job. Thank you for your service." he announced, making the group smile and cheer silently.

"Let's go?" he asked before tilting his head as he stared at Rufus' blank face.

"Sure, my lord." the man said calmly before walking towards the manor's grand door.

"Uhm... you look good by the way." he complimented silently.

If Idris looks handsome but arrogant with his get up, Rufus on the other hand looks ruthlessly handsome, the type of person that is silent but actually is deadly. He looks like a fine man; his stance can be lined up with the emperors from different countries. He brings too much authority. Idris couldn't help himself to feel a little jealous with Rufus' appearance, it was every nobleman's dream, to look dignified and powerful. And a peasant like Rufus who grew up in the slums act and looked like that. He couldn't wait to watch every aristocrat with envy in their eyes as they looked at Rufus later. He is sure that those people would be upset and annoyed after knowing that they were being beaten to a peasant like Rufus when it comes to stance and character.

They sat inside the carriage, but the difference now is, Rufus' isn't sitting in the opposite direction like before, he sat on the place beside Idris just some inches away.

The wagon wobbled a little when it hit some rocks causing Idris to accidentally lean on Rufus' shoulder, "No, it's fine." he mumbled when he saw Rufus moved, just about to knock on the window to send a signal to the man who's maneuvering the horses of the carriage.

Idris supported his weight using his right arm, but he stopped after hearing the man's words, "You look good too, my lord."