Chapter 22

Idris submerged half of his body in the water of the tub as he closed his eyes, feeling the extreme cold temperature of his bath. He slid his back and rested his head on the side of the tub.

He heard the bathroom's door open, but he didn't bother to open his eyes, "James, please wash my hair."

The man didn't answer but he obliged, he felt the big hands of the man softly scratching his scalp.

"Hmm." he moved his head as the steward washed the upper part of his head.

He rested the back of his head on the tub as the man poured water on his head. The steward poured it softly and slowly, avoiding pouring it on Idris' face.

"James, do I have a- fuck!"

"My lord." Rufus stated worriedly.

He opened his eyes in the middle of his sentence, he was surprised to see Rufus and not James. Rufus was pouring water on his head when he saw the man's face, so he eagerly lifted his head up causing for Rufus to pour some on his face, most water went in his nose.

"Are you okay, my lord?" the man asked as he offered a clean towel.

"W-what are you doing here?" he asked instead, ignoring the man's question.

He closed his eyes as he felt the water dripping from his nose, he immediately covered his nose because of embarrassment, good thing Rufus' behind him.

"I was tasked by James to help you."

He sighed and nodded, doesn't have any intention to prolong their argument

"Sorry about that I was just surprised." he said, hoping that the man didn't get offended with his sentence earlier.

"Hmm. Sure, shall I continue washing you then?"

Idris heaved a sigh then nodded.

He suddenly straightened his back when he felt Rufus hands on his nape.

"Sorry for the sudden touch, did I surprise you, my lord?" the man asked using his deep voice.

"N-no, not really," he answered, stammering. Embarrassing moments of my life aren't over, I see.

He calmed himself until Rufus finished helping him from his bath. After that Rufus went out and he wore his clothes before going to his office.

"A letter?" he asked as soon as he entered his office when he saw James placing some envelopes on his desk.

He sat on his chair then started to unseal the letters and read them, well, read some. Most letters are just thanked you letters and invitations, he sorts them out by group so he could formulate a reply later.

But his forehead knotted when he saw a familiar seal, a seal from a higher up.

He opened it and read it. It's a letter of gratitude from the Queen. Adela Hilti.

He doesn't understand anything from it but after reading the words trade and agreement, he finally understood it. Looks like James sorted the letters wrong...

It's for his father and not for him, he was about to flip the letter when he read the last line of the sentence just below the last paragraph of the gratitude letter.

I miss you, your grace. I'm counting down the days.

"What in the world..." he whispered, confused.

He folded the letter then placed it back in the envelope before slamming it down the table, he never made a conclusion about his father's love life before and now that he read this letter, he's a bit excited and bothered at the same time.

It's been years since the duchess died so he guesses, it'll be alright then. He's not young anymore to throw tantrums about his father having a new woman by his side, if having a new wife will make his father happy then it's fine with him.

Queen Adela's single too. Never been married. But as far as he remembers, King Balder Eurman also has an interest with the queen, just like Queen Adela, the king has no spouse or kids.

I just hope that won't harm my father.