Chapter 13

It's been three days since the incident inside Idris office, and today was the scheduled date of the tailor's arrival.

"Good to see you again, Lord Idris!" The tailor greeted happily with his arms wide open, he was followed by a thin boy while bringing the covered suit.

"It's nice to see you too." Idris replied with a smile before turning to James who was standing beside the door, waiting for his order, "Please, call Rufus." the steward nodded before heading outside.

"I'm glad you finished it on time, you never disappoint." he started.

The man laughed, "Oh well! If it is your request, then... I'll gladly oblige of course, honestly, I had two sleepless nights because of the suit, but I didn't have a hard time thinking of a design, big thanks to the majesty for not giving any theme for this year's founding anniversary, but worry not, my lord, I made sure that the suit is unique and elegant, just like my signature with the other clothes I make."

"Thank you so much, I'm glad I entrusted this one to you." Idris said sincerely.

"My lord." all of them turned to the door's way after hearing James's call.

"Oh, young man, you better wash your hands." the tailor exclaimed after seeing Rufus' dirty hands.

Idris looked down at Rufus' hands before looking at the man's sweaty yet handsome face, "Wash your hands." he demanded then moved his hand, signaling Rufus to enter the bathroom in his office. The gardener nodded before walking towards his bathroom.

The tailor snapped his fingers two times commanding his assistant to open the cover of the suit. Idris stood from his seat to take a clearer look of the matte black long-tailed suit with a gold intricate embroidery on the collar down to the notch lapel.

"Wow..." he exclaimed while staring at the gold details of the suit.

"Oh, you're finally here, please wear it." the tailor called, "You don't need to wear the inner white, just wear the suit and the pants."

Rufus walked towards the tailor's assistant before wearing the long-tailed suit.

"Are you sure, sir? I'm sweaty." Rufus asked in a deep voice.

"No worries, it's fine, this cloth has a nice quality and has a thin cloth inside that works as a divider, just wear it." the man explained.

Rufus sighed before doing what he was told to.

"It fits perfectly, right?" the tailor asked after Rufus' wore the pants, "What can you say, my lord?" he asked with a proud grin. The man's eyes are glistening with happiness and pride, knowing that he did a good job for the lord's unusual request.

"Yes... It's perfect." Idris agreed as he walked towards Rufus' who was just standing like a log. Too scared to move, thinking that he might ruin the tailor's expensive work.

Idris lifted his index finger and traced the details on the lapel of Rufus' suit, he heard the man inhale, "It's really... really pretty." he whispered.

"I find it pretty too, my lord." Rufus mumbled.

"What?" He looked at Rufus' face. He heard it, loud and clear. He just wants to confirm it one more time, hearing Rufus' talk is already an unusual case, but hearing a compliment from the man is more unusual because Rufus' doesn't look like someone who is easy to please. He looks like a good-looking machine to me... an unappreciative one.

Idris cleared his thoughts when the tailor tapped Rufus' shoulders, "You really have a nice body, I should make you model some of my works for a portfolio. What do you think about that? A once in a lifetime offer for a peasant, right?"

Rufus looked at Idris' eyes. Trying to read his master and he successfully did, he saw the worry, cluelessness and annoyed expression on the young man's eyes.

"The decision is up to Lord Idris. He does hold of my time, Sir." Rufus answered.

And the two men gaped their mouths open, shocked at the worker's response, "Wow! I never met someone who is this loyal to their nobleman. '' The tailor stated as he was the one who moved on first, "Any nobleman is lucky to have a loyal dog on their side, I guess." the tailor smirked.

Idris smiled a little even though he's a little annoyed by the tailor's choice of words, "Yes, we do, but the thing here is Rufus is not a dog. That makes it ten times better, I guess?" he drew back with a proud smirk. Trying to lift his gardener's mood because he thought that the man was offended by the tailor's words. But Rufus felt nothing with the insult, his attention was on the lord, he was amused at the Lord's attitude.