Chapter 12

Idris straightened his back and sighed after he heard his door creak open.

"You called for me, my lord. What can I do for you?"

He gasped a little after hearing the man's voice after a few days, like the usual it was deep and bone chilling, "Uhm, you are aware about the upcoming banquet of King Roy, right? The palace foundation." Idris started.

Rufus eyebrow twitched before he nodded.

"You... uh, since my father and James aren't available, you should come with me... I mean, an attendant's presence is a must, at least one." he mentally slapped himself after hearing his own explanation. In his mind, he sounded awkward and thirsty for Rufus' company.

Being offered as one of the attendants in an important event for nobles is actually once in a lifetime experience for a peasant who has a low position in a household or society, Idris would be confident to ask other servants because he's a hundred percent sure that they won't decline his offer, but Rufus is different, he started to feel awkward and conscious when the man is around. He refused to shake my hand before so...

"Does my presence is needed, my lord?" Rufus asked after a moment of silence.

"Yes... I'm in need of a companion. Why? Do you have something important to do on that day?"

"The garden is important to you, my lord. So yes, it is important." Idris was about to dismiss Rufus, but the latter spoke, "But tagging along with my lord's a command so I must make some free time then."

Idris' face brightened with glee and was about to say something but immediately cut off when they heard three consecutive knocks on the door, James entered together with his father's personal tailor.

"I'm so glad to see you, my lord!" the man said after he bowed his head, he walked towards Idris and held his hand before shaking it a little. Idris nodded and smiled at the joyful man.

"You asked for my presence, my lord."

"Yes yes, sorry to disturb you at this time."

The tailor laughed at the lord's remark, "Oh no worries, my service is for your household, I may be busy, but I will always make time when a Gastrell calls for me. So, a suit for your father, I guess?"

"Oh no, not this time." Idris looked at Rufus who was staring at him and was silent at the corner, "For him... make one for him, and I apologize this is a rush one, for the king's banquet."

The tailor looked at Rufus before nodding, "What a handsome man!" he exclaimed then walked towards Rufus, the tailor touched his broad shoulders before pulling the tape measure from his neck, "Your top is kinda thick. You need to remove it." the tailor demanded.

Chilly season is near the date that explains the thick clothes the people in their kingdom are wearing, though there is no snow since they're not from the north.

Rufus sighed before taking off his clothes. Idris even heard his heart beating faster than usual after staring at the man's upper body. I feel thirsty.

While the tailor was busy commanding Ruf and getting his measurements, Idris walked towards his table to get the tea, to drink to ease his thirst. His table is just behind Rufus and the tailor.

"Hmm... what design would you like for his clothes, my lord." the tailor asked while he was busy sipping on his teacup. Still not facing the two.

"I would like to leave that on you since the king didn't state a theme for the founding anniversary."

"Oh! That would be perfect! please expect the clothes a day before the event. I should head out now to fish for some good fabric at the shop. I'll see you again, my lord." and the next thing he heard was the door closing.

Idris choked a little after he felt a hot hand pressing on his back, "What! -"

"Sorry for the sudden touch, my lord. I just picked my clothes."

Idris gasped and glanced on his side; there he saw Rufus' veiny hands grasping the clothes. He apologized but his hand is still on my back!